NORC is seeking Performance Monitoring Specialist candidates for an anticipated, five-year Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) contract for USAID’s Bangladesh Mission. The Bangladesh MEL contract will provide the Mission with strategic and technical support to improve monitoring performance, evaluation, and operational learning and advance Mission learning. The project is likely to provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID and its partners, local organizations, and potentially government counterparts.
The position is contingent on funding. Women are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Performance Monitoring Specialist will oversee technical assistance focused on monitoring project activities. The Performance Monitoring Specialist will work full-time over a 5-year period based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. S/he will support USAID and implementing partner staff with the development of project and activity-level indicators, theories of change, and MEL plans to be incorporated into the Mission performance monitoring plans (PMPs). S/he may be tasked with reviewing PMP data, including baseline data collection and performance indicator data, and ensuring data quality and utility of all data. The Performance Monitoring Specialist will also be charged with developing and managing the Activity’s own Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan.
The Performance Monitoring Specialist may also assist USAID staff with data quality audits and site visits to assess data quality and activity performance.
- Master’s Degree in a related field or a Bachelor’s degree and an additional 2 years of related professional experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing and implementing performance monitoring systems of complex international development projects, preferably on USAID projects;
- Experience in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and statistical methods;
- Experience developing PMPs, logical frameworks, results frameworks, and M&E plans at both an activity and program-wide level;
- Interest in exploring innovative ways to embed CLA approaches across all aspects of the project’s work;
- Experience using monitoring data to review programming, trends, and activity needs and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to respond to new information;
- Experience finding and collecting appropriate development data from third party sources;
- Experience in the creation and use of spreadsheets and databases;
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA practices;
- Understanding of knowledge management as it relates to USAID programs;
- Experience in training and other capacity building activities;
- Familiarity with USAID performance data information systems, or other such systems;
- Professional experience working in Bangladesh;
- Proficient in Bengali and local language(s); and
- Technical expertise in one or more thematic sectors (such as private sector engagement, health, governance/security, natural resource management, human capital, food security, energy, refugee displacement, etc.).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a CV and cover letter to BangladeshMEL@norc.org with Performance Monitoring Specialist in the subject line.