Project title: Technical Assistance for Strengthening Training and Research Capacity of the Centre for Labour and Social Training and Research (ÇASGEM)
Brief description of the project: The purpose of this three-year EU Technical Assistance Project for “Strengthening Training and Research Capacity of the Centre for Labour and Social Training and Research (ÇASGEM)” is to strengthen the institutional capacities of ÇASGEM, relevant stakeholders, social partners and NGOs through adapting training modules in occupational rehabilitation; delivering trainings for trainers; designing virtual training scenarios; carrying out awareness-raising activities; conducting researches; and organizing study visits, workshops and seminars in the field of occupational health and safety, especially in construction, mining, chemical and metal sectors.
Intervention 5.18: Training on Industrial Toxicology in OHS
Position: SNKE - Industrial Toxicology in OHS
The timing for all sessions of Ergonomics Training has been decided to take place between September 2022 – November 2022 in Ankara (as face to face). For the first session, 2.5 days will be used for training materials and supporting documents and 0.5 days will be used for Trainer Assessment Part for the first session in the Training Assessment Report and 9 days will be used for conducting all three training sessions (3 days per session). Total, 0.5 days per session will be used for revising the training materials and 0.5 days per session will also be used for Trainer Assessment Parts for the second & third sessions in the Training Assessment Report.
Duration of the assignment: 14 Working Days
Working Period: 01.09.2022 –15.12.2022
Tasks and duties:
Working with Key Expert 2, the Team Leader, and the Beneficiary, SNKE (Industrial Toxicology in OHS) will be responsible for the deliverables below for the Intervention Intervention 5.18: Training on Industrial Toxicology in OHS of all three sessions:
- Finalising the training programme by reviewing the indicative programme, and revising it if needed.
- Preparing and using his/her training materials according to the final training programme.
- Teaching ergonomic principles and practices with the above objectives to the participants.
- Preparing the trainer assessment parts which include the used training materials for the training assessment report.
He/she will work under the direct supervision of KE2 and the overall supervision of the Team Leader (KE1).
The SNKE (Industrial Toxicology in OHS)- is responsible for producing:
- The finalised training programme by reviewing the revised indicative programme, and revising it again if needed together with OB and TAT,
- The prepared training materials according to the finalised training programme,
- The training pre-and post-test questionnaires at the beginning and end of the training, and
- The Trainer assessment parts in the training assessment report.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in one of the fields of medicine, or in the absence of such a degree, at least 10 years of working experience in the field of industrial toxicology.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good command of written and spoken Turkish would be an asset.
- A Master’s degree will be an asset in the related subjects.
- Good computer literacy.
General Professional Experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in OHS training, or OHS related activities,
- Experience with OHS activities related to industrial toxicology,
- Communication skills, and
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experienced and qualified in risk analyses methods, health hazards, occupational diseases.
- Experienced in writing instructions and reports will be an asset.