Project title: Technical Assistance for Strengthening Training and Research Capacity of the Centre for Labour and Social Training and Research (ÇASGEM)
Brief description of the project: The purpose of this three-year EU Technical Assistance Project for “Strengthening Training and Research Capacity of the Centre for Labour and Social Training and Research (ÇASGEM)” is to strengthen the institutional capacities of ÇASGEM, relevant stakeholders, social partners and NGOs through adapting training modules in occupational rehabilitation; delivering trainings for trainers; designing virtual training scenarios; carrying out awareness-raising activities; conducting researches; and organizing study visits, workshops and seminars in the field of occupational health and safety, especially in construction, mining, chemical and metal sectors.
Intervention 5.12.1: Training on Occupational Epidemiology in OHS
Position: SNKE - Occupational Epidemiology in OHS
The timing for all sessions of Training on Occupational Epidemiology in OHS has been decided to take place between August – October 2022 in Ankara (as face to face, or hybrid if there is a demand for it). For the first session, 2.5 days will be used for training materials and supporting documents and 0.5 days will be used for Trainer Assessment Part for the first session in the Training Assessment Report and 15 days will be used for conducting all three training sessions (5 days per session). Total, 1 day-0.5 day per session will be used for revising the training materials and 1 day-0.5 day per session will also be used for Trainer Assessment Parts in the Training Assessment Report.
Duration of the assignment: 21 Working Days
Working Period: 01.08.2022 –01.11.2022
Tasks and duties:
Working with Key Expert 2, the Team Leader, and the Beneficiary, SNKE: Occupational Epidemiology in OHS - will be responsible for the deliverables below for the 5-day session Intervention 5.12.1: Training on Occupational Epidemiology in OHS of all three sessions:
- Finalising the training programme by reviewing the indicative programme, and revising it if needed.
- Preparing and using his/her training materials according to the final training programme.
- Teaching occupational epidemiology with above objectives to the participants.
- Preparing the trainer assessment parts which includes the used training materials to the training assessment report.
He/she will work under the direct supervision of KE2 and the overall supervision of the Team Leader (KE1).
The SNKE: Occupational Epidemiology in OHS is responsible for producing:
- The finalised training programme by reviewing the revised indicative programme in Table 1, and revising it again if needed together with OB and TAT,
- The prepared training materials according to the finalised training programme,
- The training pre- and post-test questionnaires at the beginning and end of the training, and
- The Trainer assessment parts in the training assessment report.
- Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree in one of the fields of statistics, biostatistics, medicine or public health, OHS science, epidemiology, or in the absence of such a degree, at least 10 years of working experience in the field of epidemiology.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good command of written and spoken Turkish would be an asset.
- Good computer literacy.
General Professional Experience:
- At least 8 years of professional experience in OHS training, education or OHS related activities,
- Experience of having done research in the epidemiology or having published epidemiological studies will be an asset,
- Communication skills, and
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experienced and qualified in occupational epidemiology
- Experienced in writing instructions and reports will be an asset.