Project title: Technical Assistance for Strengthening Training and Research Capacity of the Centre for Labour and Social Training and Research (ÇASGEM)
DAI is looking to engage a team of long and short-term experts to be deployed in the 8 EU CBRN CoE regional secretariats providing technical support to the actors involved in the definition and/or the implementation of the EU CBRN CoE activities, with a view to increase their quality, relevance and effectiveness
The specific objective (Outcome) of this contract is as follows:
Improve the detection of and mitigation against risks related to CBRN materials or agents and risks related to installations or sites through the EU CBRN Centres of Excellence Initiative and associated actions.
Expected outputs to be achieved:
- Effective CBRN risk mitigation and security governance through the EU CBRN Centres of Excellence initiative.
- Strengthened cooperation in CBRN risk mitigation among EU CBRN risk mitigation Centres of Excellence initiative partners of a given region and among different regions for exchanging best practices and lessons learnt.
- Increased capacity of partner countries to deal with safety and security challenges related to biological threats and CBRN-related disaster relief.
- Enhanced coordination, dialogue and synergies with donors and principal stakeholders.
DAI is welcoming applications and CVs/resumes from all interested candidates for the position of a Long-Term Non-Key Expert Lead / Coordinator for each of the 8 EU CBRN Centers of Excellence (COE), who meet the following qualifications and work experience requirements:
Long-Term Non-Key Expert Lead / Coordinator for the EU CBRN COE Middle East with operational base in Amman, Jordan:
Qualifications and skills
- University-level education, preferably in fields related to Chemical, Biological and Radiological/Nuclear sciences and technologies, or any other disciplines relevant to this assignment. In the absence of a university degree, five additional years of general professional experience are required;
- Very good knowledge of international frameworks of the UNSCR 1540 committee, IAEA, OPCW, BWC, CWC, WHO and other relevant organizations
- Full proficiency in oral and written English
- Working proficiency in Arabic is highly desired
- Excellent analytical, writing and reporting skills;
- Excellent diplomatic and networking skills;
General professional experience
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in areas relevant to this assignment: ie. CBRN waste management, border control, decontamination, biosafety or biosecurity, epidemiology, food and water safety, radiological/nuclear border control, detection technologies, forensics, nuclear safety, nuclear waste management, nuclear safeguards, transport of dangerous goods, training and support to first responders
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading international multi-disciplinary teams;
- Proven track record of working with governmental and/or international and/or regional organisations;
- Experience in the implementation of projects under the EU CBRN COE initiative will be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on/field experience in chemical, biological, or radiological/nuclear risk mitigation related fields (e.g. public health impact mitigation, illicit trafficking, border monitoring, waste management, first response, safety and security, etc.).
- At least 2 years of working experience in the Middle East (especially partner countries: The Republic of Lebanon, The Republic of Iraq, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan) in strengthening governance of the CBRN risk at national/regional level