Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world's biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Head of Finance, BRAC Myanmar (Re-Advertisement)
Head of Finance, working under direct supervision of the Managing Director (MD) and Country Representative (CR), will be responsible for providing leadership, technical support, supervision, and guidance to the Finance (including Grants & Contracts). Time to time guidance to Procurement, HR & Administration and Operations teams. S/he is the custodian of accounting and financial process to ensure BRAC is compliant with donor and BRAC global standards and that the processes are enabling the implementing teams achieve program targets while driving efficiency. S/he have to manage relationship with external stakeholders such as donor, investors, lenders, banking and legal authorities. In addition, to strong technical knowledge and experience, s/he will be a key leader within the organization whose leadership style reflects high Emotional Intelligence (EI) and their ability to lead while nurturing talent in their teams.
- Oversee accounts and finance management for all operations in BRAC Myanmar Operation including consolidation, ensure full cost recovery budgets are prepared.
- Lead the Finance & Accounts team and work closely with other departments specially IT (Information Technology) and Audit,
- Apply analytical procedure and ratio analysis; perform tax, audit and MIS related functions. Manage country treasury in an effective and efficient manner, analyse country scenario and manage investments.
- Advise and suggest MD/CR on accounting concept and treatment; responsible for producing budget variance for every program for all programs.
- Ensure the required fund mobilization (mostly debt) for Microfinance company from international lender and local banks, make sure the lender reporting in time and in good coordination.
- Maintain liaison with donors and work with external/ internal auditors to ensure clean reporting.
- Transmission of monthly accounts to BRAC International, Head Office; dealing with payroll related issue, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Donor reporting.
- Coordinate with BRAC international team to improve the quality of Country Finance personal and work on the capacity of development of field accountants.
- Work closely with, BRAC International Finance team on Finance & Accounting related issues.
- Special projects by Chief Finance & Risk Officer, BRAC International.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Qualified Accountant- CA / CPA / ACCA / CIMA with Master’s /MBA degree in Finance/Accounts or related field.
- Knowledge on Financial Reporting, Forecasting & Analysis, Payroll Management, Account reconciliation, Donor reporting, Advance Management, Value for Money (VfM), External/internal audit, Budgeting and variance analysis, IFRS, GAAP, SOX, Multicurrency reporting, Tax Management, Legal and IT issues, Internal controls, FoRex Management, Treasury Management, Team Management and supervision.
- Should have good communication and presentation skill in English
- Sound knowledge on Computer Literacy.
- Ability in working with cross boarder team and culture.
- At least 7 years of practical experience in a senior financial management position
- Experience in donor funded projects with understanding about rules and regulation of major donors.
- A proven experience in managing large budgets.
- A strong experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities.
- Supervisory skills
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: Country Office, Yangon, Myanmar
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 29/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 30 May 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation - regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are the part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer