The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
Welthungerhilfe has been engaged in the Syria Response since 2013 working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. We seek to improve the access of persons affected by the Syria crisis and domestic crises in Turkey and Lebanon to quality life-saving and life sustaining humanitarian assistance and strengthened basic services including protection services, whilst building on their inherent capacities and facilitating access to livelihoods opportunities, in order to reach our objective to improve their well-being and resilience.
As Head of Program Development and Quality you will be a key member of the strategic management group of the Syria Response implemented in Turkey, North West Syria and Lebanon. You will have responsibility to drive innovation in program development and ensure program quality, evidence and learning, as well as extending the donor portfolio across the three country programs. The program team consists of the technical program coordinators, grants and reporting unit, communications unit, partnership coordination and the MEAL unit. In addition to the provision of timely humanitarian assistance that address short and medium-term protection gaps and humanitarian needs, our programatic focus is increasingly on improving the resilience of vulnerable communities ensuring systems-based analysis and sustainable approaches based on a robust understanding of the conflict sensitivies of the specific context and with accountability to the effected populations.
- Lead the programme and project development for Syria, Turkey and Lebanon by ensuring strategic vision and sectoral expertise, cross learning and evidence based programme design, working in consultation with the HQ Sector Unit, the Country Director, DCD, Area Managers and Heads of Projects
- Manage the Programme Quality and Development Unit to ensure technical support and quality assurance as well as synergies across the projects using relevant and applicable tools, guidance, monitoring frameworks and communities of practice
- Manage for learning with strong support to evidence generation and its use
- Keep abreast of programatic trends and ensure coherance with national plans through engagement with research bodies, and participation in clusters and sectoral working groups
- Develop programmatic and advocacy positions to major external trends and disruptors
- Strengthen WHH partnership approach to improve the outcomes through capacity exchange, whilst increasing the resilience and sustainability of a diverse civil society to enhance their capacity and deliver better quality services and assistance to affected people
- Liase with current and potential future donors present in Turkey in consultation with the HQ Donor Unit and the Country Director
- A university or polytechnic (Master's) degree in Management, International Development, Rural Development or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in programme development and implementation, ideally in the region
- Good at setting direction with a strategic mindset and demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and leading processes that include multiple stakeholders
- Experience with major donors (EU, ECHO, BMZ, German Federal Foreign Office, KFW, BPRM, BHA, UN Organizations)
- Technical background in triple nexus programming including livelihoods, sustainable/ regenerative agriculture using systems based approaches with a belief in the value of reaching results through multi sector integrated programming and via multi stakeholder engagement
- Experience in large displacement contexts, ideally the Syria response and ability to deal with programmatic and technical complexity
- Robust experience in programme design, proposal development, Theory of Change, donor reporting, work-plan and budget development
- Proven success in grant acquisition and institutional donor relations
- Experience in leading country programme strategy processes
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe's programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English; German, Turkish and/or Arabic language skills are an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 5, 2022 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.