The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Monrovia, Liberia.
Welthungerhilfe has been implementing relief and development projects in Liberia since 2003 with a focus on Inclusive Food Systems and Nutrition Security, Health System Strengthening and WASH, Women’s economic empowerment, access to market and value addition.
As Deputy Country Director you are responsible for providing leadership and coordination of risk, internal control and compliance, internal audit and fraud, and assure quality programme delivery in the country office.Furthermore you will support the Country Director in his functions and acts as his representative.
- Prepare, update, and regularly share the local compliance risk map with the Country Director and Senior Management Team and provide expert advise on all aspects of Corporate Compliance
- Develop and follow up on the annual compliance and audit review plans, covering all areas of risk, to analyze potential risk in projects and adopt appropriate mitigating measures
- Ensure sound financial management of donor funds and support the Head of Programme and Country Director in grant acquisition
- Support the development and management of need based and impact-oriented projects in line with the country strategy
- Develop an annual training plan that incorporates Welthungerhilfe’s Corporate Compliance rules/policies training for local staff
- Support the roll out of new Corporate polices/procedures and assure Compliance
- Provide advice as necessary on partner agreements, procurement contracts and other operational agreements to ensure that they adhere to and account for all relevant WHH Corporate Compliance requirements
- Establish and maintain robust system of Corporate Compliance documentation and controls and propose improvements as necessary
- Review internal and external audit reports to identify and understand potential areas of Corporate Compliance risk/vulnerability develop corrective action plans for resolution of issues
- Establish a Conflict-of-Interest management system that includes ongoing declarations by staff of any perceived, potential, or actual conflicts of interest
- A university or polytechnic degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting/Auditing or related discipline; ACCA or CPA registration is an advantage
- At least five years of professional experience in project development and management, MEAL, Compliance and Assurance, auditing, risk management
- Proven experience in and knowledge of Corporate Compliance or risk management
- Proven experience in organizational leadership and project-based activities
- Experience with major donors (EU, German donors, USAID) is an advantage
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe's programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 5, 2022 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.