IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified TVET Access Improvement Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded program in the West Bank to enhance the responsiveness of TVET programs and institutions to market needs, thereby enabling them to address key labor demands more effectively. The TVET Access Improvement Manager will lead efforts to develop public outreach awareness campaigns to inform and attract youth to local TVET programs.
Only Palestinian citizens or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Chief of Party, create and implement an outreach strategy to increase youth enrollment in TVET institutions, including increasing the number of skilled graduates of new/updated TVET programs in targeted sectors
- Design, develop, and manage evidenced-based interventions targeted at increasing TVET institutions’ capacity to conduct outreach
- Design and lead the creation of TVET awareness campaigns and coordinate with local partners to implement to meet the desired objectives
- Ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives
- Manage and supervise a team of technical support staff
- Ensure activities are gender sensitive/transformative, align with positive youth development, and emphasize participatory and youth-led approaches
- Support the establishment, cultivation, and maintaining of relationships with the ecosystem of program stakeholders, including public sector entities, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and local governments, donors and implementers, program beneficiaries, and others
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Palestinian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Education, Economics, International Development, social sciences, or a related field, along with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in technical and vocational education strengthening, workforce development, youth development, and/or private sector engagement in Palestine or the MENA region
- Strong understanding of the economic, educational, and youth contexts in Palestine with a deep network of relevant contacts across government, industry, and civil society
- Strong understanding of best practices in youth programming, including Positive Youth Development, and familiarity with USAID’s Youth in Development Policy
- Demonstrated success developing successful outreach strategies to increase students’ enrollment in academic institutions
- Demonstrated success leading public awareness campaigns using social media
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, NGOs, donors, the private sector, and community-based institutions
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic
Click on https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o15NjfwW&s=DevelopmentAid to submit your CV and cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations.