Our client, Kenya Development Corporation Ltd (KDC) is a Development Finance Institution which was established in 2020 to merge the operations of Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC), Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) and IDB Capital Limited. KDC is mandated to play a catalytic role in Kenya’s socio-economic development by providing long-term financing and other financial, investment and business advisory services. Therefore, KDC plays an important role in addressing critical gaps for long-term funding that cannot be met by commercial banks in target sectors in Kenya and elsewhere.
The Corporation is seeking to recruit an exceptional, visionary and results oriented leader to fill the role of Director General (DG). The Director General will, under the direction of the Board of Directors, provide leadership to the newly established entity as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Accounting officer of the Corporation.
- Develop and recommend to the Board, strategic plan that fosters development and growth of industries with a special focus on sector-specific clusters and ensure execution of the strategy;
- Provide oversight of day-to-day operations, serving as the link between the Board and the management and lead the executive team and staff of the Corporation;
- Foster a business and investment climate conducive to industrial development and growth of the country as a diversified services hub;
- Ensure effective provision of long-term financing and other financial, investment and business advisory services;
- Proactively advise the Government of Kenya on appropriate policies for development finance and related services;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, laws, regulations and procedures;
- Establish proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures in line with the Corporation’s guidelines and best practice; and with and
- Manage relationships and maintain networks with stakeholders and enhance the corporate image of the Corporation.
- Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or any other relevant field from a recognized University;
- Be a holder of a master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any other relevant field Degree from a recognized University;
- Hold a Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable;
- Attended Leadership course/program from a recognized institution;
- Have at least fifteen (15) years’ work experience, with not less than ten (10) years served in a senior management and/or senior leadership role in an organisation of similar size and complexity as KDC; andorganisation and
- Should demonstrate knowledge and a clear understanding of the Development Financial Institutions (DFI) sector and of local, national, and international banking.
This appointment is on contractual terms for a period of three (3) years renewable for one (1) further term, subject to relevant public service regulations governing staff tenure. Successful applicants will be offered an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job.
Applicants who possess the stated qualifications and can clearly demonstrate ability in the required relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees.
For the full details on this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html.
All applications MUSTMUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered, and your application must be received on or before Friday Friday 3rd June 2022 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting LimitedDeloitte Limited
Deloitte PlaceDeloitte Place