Our client, Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) is one of East Africa’s leading Business Membership Organisation (BMO) that represents manufacturing and value-add industries in Kenya. KAM has grown into a dynamic, vibrant, credible Association that unites manufacturers and offers a common voice for businesses. It was established in 1959 to promote competitive and sustainable local manufacturing and has been front and centre in driving fact-based industrial policy advocacy to strengthen and support the country’s economic development. KAM partners with stakeholders in the public, private and civic sectors to ensure a dynamic and flourishing manufacturing sector in Kenya.
It is against this background that KAM seeks to recruit a strong, dynamic and visionary leader with exceptional strategic management skills and ability to drive change, innovation, and transformation in the organization to fill the role of Chief Executive Officer.
The CEO will, under the strategic direction of the Board of Directors, provide the overall internal organizational leadership and management and external leadership and advocacy.
- Providing leadership in developing and implementing the KAM Strategic Plan, including developing annual work plans, their budgets and monitoring and evaluating their implementation;
- Spearheading advocacy on key issues affecting the manufacturing business community through partnership management and developing and maintaining networks and coalitions with like-minded organizations;
- Leading and managing the Secretariat, ensuring efficient and effective project management, accountability, and evaluation management, financial, administrative and communications management and motivating a team of staff;
- Building strong relationships with the manufacturing business community and institutionalise a sustainability plan within the organisation; andplan and
- Fostering a corporate identity that promotes values and ethical standards and good governance.
- Be a holder of a University Degree from a recognized university, a masters degree in a business or policy related field is an added advantage;
- Have at least 10 years’ relevant experience, five (5) of which should have been spent in senior management and/or leadership role with overall multifunctional responsibility;
- Knowledge in manufacturing issues and private sector priorities in Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrate commercial, financial understanding and growth mindset;
- Have ability to build strong networks with advocacy partners, manufacturing community and policy makers in order to achieve KAM’s strategic objectives; andorder and
- Possess a strong track record of leading, managing and motivating staff towards high performance and productivity.
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity.
For the full details on this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via
All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered, and your application must be received not later than 31 May 2022 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited