Project Name: Provision of Technical Assistance to Support the Cooperation between the European Union and the Kingdom of Eswatini
- Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Eswatini
Start date and period of implementation:
- The indicative start date is 27/06/2022 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 457 days from this date (indicative end date: 27/09/2023).
- Working days: 210.
Cat. II (>6 years of experience)
- General description of the position: Support ACMS and EUD in ensuring smooth implementation of EU funded programmes and projects and provide quality control in accordance with the PRAG requirements (drafting of the annual work plans, preparation of tender dossiers including Terms of References, project proposal/logical frameworks, evaluation of tenders/calls for proposal, award of contracts, contract management).
- Qualifications and skills required: Education at least Master's Degree, preferably in engineering, project management, agriculture, economics, natural sciences, social sciences, development studies or related field, or, in its absence, equivalent professional experience in project management and/or engineering of at least 8 years.
- General professional experience: At least six (6) years’ work experience in the sector related to the Lot.
- Specific professional experience: • Successfully completed minimum one EDF-funded assignment, as team leader and two assignments as project management expert in ACP countries, • Proven experience providing technical assistance for the implementation of development projects under indirect management modality (including support for procurement and/or management of grant scheme and /or Programme Estimates) in accordance with EU/EDF procedures. • Must be computer literate and competent in MS Office specifically in Word processing, Spreadsheet applications and PowerPoint presentations. • Experience in Sub-Saharan countries would be considered as an advantage.
- Language skills: Proven excellent oral and written communication, analytical, presentation and report writing skills in English.
- Additional information: Support ACMS staff with the conducting of quality checks of EU funded project documentation, such as progress reports, tender documents, evaluation reports, financial documents and other relevant documents as per project requirements Advance on the draft guidelines initially prepared by the EUD and then launch a Call for Proposal for the Energy grant component under the Support to Agriculture Value Chains via Sustainable and Inclusive Energy Investment in Eswatini programme.
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com, under the title: DRS ref. number 11286.
Due to the high number of applications received via DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to client's procedures.