Pact seeks a Grants Officer for the USAID/Ukraine Public Health Systems Recovery and Resilience Activity. This activity will strengthen public health capacities, standards, outreach services, and access to essential health care services during crises such as COVID-19 and other health-related challenges, as part of supporting Ukraine’s pathway to self-reliance. The Grants Officer will support the Grants and Contracts Manager to provide administration of the full cycle of grants and contracts management for the project, ensure direct technical assistance to sub-awardees, as well as monitor implementation of sub-awardees under the project, with particular This is to be a five-year activity.
The Grants Officer will support effective and efficient sub-awards management and administration to achieve the program goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. The role will provide administration of the full cycle of the grants and contracts management for the project, beginning with solicitations for procurement and grants, pre-award, assessments, managing deliverables, monitoring and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations, managing close-out procedures, and managing complete files and data management for each award. The position will ensure direct technical assistance to sub-awardees, as well as monitoring implementation of program activities under the project’s sub-awards.
- Assist in forming solicitations, ensuring the availability and eligibility of partners selected to work with Pact under the project.
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of awards, under the supervision of the Grants and Contracts Manager and in close coordination with other Pact staff, to ensure compliance with donor and Pact policies and procedures, achievement of intended results
- Provide support focused on compliance, grants and , and successful implementation of grants and contracts.
- Ensure proper negotiation of final terms and conditions for grants and contracts, under the direction of the Grants and Contracts Manager, and review and analyze budget estimates for all alibility, reasonableness, and consistency
- Ensure the proper preparation and execution of grant and contract documents, and grant disbursements consistent and compliant with donor and Pact requirements, and project procedures and best practices. Documentation required will include grant agreements, negotiation memos, grant activity forms, branding and marking plans, and others
- Work closely with Program staff to ensure that sub-award monitoring and evaluation is conducted as required and that financial deliverables, deadlines, programmatic outputs and impact are captured and recorded in the project databases in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate sub-awardee assessments, cost and price analysis and facilitate the communication of the needed information to obtain donor approval
- Ensure all required documentation is available and stored as per respective Pact policy.
- Ensure timely and accurate use of Pact's subaward management system (Salesforce) for subaward issuance and management
- Ensure that awards are closed out within required timeframe
- Assist with the resolution of internal/external audit findings
- Support in delivering information for contractual reporting purposes as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- University degree in Public Management, Public Policy, Public Finances, Law, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar position with a program supported by international donors
- Proven understanding of awards management cycle
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines
- Highly effective administration skills, including computing, word processing, and data management and visualization
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English and Ukrainian
- Five or more years of experience in a similar position; experience working with international technical assistance programs supported by USAID and/or other international donors
- Strong time management and organization skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively on a wide range of issues
- Ability to diplomatically and patiently forge consensus between diverse stakeholders on grant-making issues
- Self-motivated and committed to Pact’s mission and values
- Ukrainian nationals highly encouraged to apply