Call for expression of interest
Non-Key Experts Pool (Iraq-NKE-C6) - Component 6: Enhancing the responsiveness and conflict-sensitivity of EU interventions in Iraq through on-demand analytical and research support
Senior-level & Junior-Level, Short-term contract assignments
Contract title: Facility to support policy dialogue and technical assistance in Iraq
Brief description of the project: To strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development and the strengthening of participatory governance, peaceful and just society
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
Complementary to the large programme portfolio of the EU development cooperation, this project shall provide surge capacity to the EU delegation in order to support the Government's capacities to draw-up and coordinate a coherent development policy framework including sectorial policies, and support its implementation in the areas of the EU Multi-Annual Indicative Programme.
The purpose of this contract is to provide on-demand technical assistance open to all Government entities and State institutions targeted by the EU's MIP (2021-2027) as well as the EU delegation.
DAI is looking to recruit a pool of non-key experts (senior NKEs and Junior NKEs) and welcomes applications from all interested specialists with experience and interest in the following requirements:
NKEs activities planned:
- Activity 6.1: Undertake on-demand analytical work and stakeholder consultations on national development policies (NDP, Vision 2030 and related sector policies) that inform the delivery of EU assistance in response to current country's needs and priorities
- Activity 6.2: Support the preparation of EUD analytical work (including but not limited to political economy analyses, stakeholder analyses, topical analyses) as well as reporting on development cooperation
- Activity 6.3: Support to the conflict sensitivity/gender-mainstreaming/rights-based-approach screening of EU programmes and support to the preparations of EU programmes
- Activity 6.4: Support for the preparation of Annual Action Programmes (AAP) and Action Documents (AD) as well as related documentation for future budget support and/or investment operations (blending/guarantees)
- Activity 6.5: Support to organisation and facilitation of EUD seminars, workshops, meetings, and conferences on the areas of EU intervention in Iraq
- NKEs will have professional and technical profiles that allow them to effectively and efficiently work with national counterparts and experts and consultants of other development partners. The NKEs will be expected to effectively develop synergies and complimentary technical inputs to contribute to sector capacity development, evidence informed policy making, and to introduce new systems and processes to modernise and upgrade planning and performance in service provision.
- All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- Civil servants/public officials and other staff of the public administration of the Beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts.
Qualifications and skills
- Senior Non-Key Experts must have minimum years of experience of 6 years in areas relevant to the contract including public administration, management, engineering, sciences, economics, development economics, international relations, law or other relevant subjects.
- Junior Key Experts must have minimum 4 years of experience in areas relevant to the contract including public administration, management, engineering, sciences, economics, development economics, international relations, law or other relevant subjects.
- All NKEs will be specialists with a university degree level, fluency in English (Arabic considered an indispensable asset) and computer literate, with verifiable and solid relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Iraq or the MENA region or a similar fragility context will be an advantage.
Provisional commencement of the project: 1 July 2022
Period of implementation: 36 months
Deadline for submission of applications & CVs from interested candidates: continuous
If you are interested kindly submit a CV in English in EU format, indicating field (s) of expertise and experience.
CV’s considered relevant will be included in the existing pool of experts and pre-selected candidates will be contacted in the course of project implementation as the need arises.
Detailed ToR for implementation of short-term missions will be sent to the short-listed candidates.