FIDH (International Federation for Human Rights) is an international human rights NGO. Since 1922, we are committed to the defence of all civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. You can find us on our social networks :
We are a federation of 192 national human rights organisations active in 117 countries. We believe that the transformation of societies is first and foremost the responsibility of local actors. Our activities aim to strengthen their capacity for action and influence.
The International Secretariat of the FIDH is a human-sized organisation with a committed international team. Our Paris office is located in a lively and central area of Paris (near Bastille and Gare de Lyon).
We are recruiting : AN EDITORIAL AND PRESS COMMUNICATION OFFICER (M/F)
General objective of the position:
Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Editorial and Press Communication Manager, you will implement, in coordination with the Operations and Advocacy departments, as well as member and partner organisations, the FIDH communication plan in the media and all other media.
Your main responsibilities
• Carry out media plans ;
• Implementing press activities : leading and developing contacts with journalists, preparing interviews, responding to media requests, developing media coverage in the English-speaking world, preparing and distributing press kits, organising press trips, managing the media database, monitoring FIDH information in the media ;
• Writing texts (tribunes, articles, newsletters...), editing texts produced in English by the Offices, contributing to the editorial choices of the FIDH ;
• Coordinating a pool of translators, as well as other external consultants ;
• Contribute to the reporting of the department’s activities : compile and analyse the main press coverage.
• Master II in communication, political science, humanities, law or equivalent experience.
• At least three years of professional experience in the function.
• English (level C2 on the European scale) and French (level C1) imperative. Excellent writing skills, particularly in English.
• Excellent knowledge of international media, particularly in the English-speaking world. Good knowledge of social networks.
• Rigour, autonomy, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and adaptability.
• Political awareness and open-mindedness.
• Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual international environment.
• You will be working with the Ubuntu and Libre Office environment.
You are in total agreement with the values at work in the FIDH International Secretariat (professionalism, respect, commitment, equality, integrity, participation, audacity), as well as with the struggles led by the FIDH for the defence of the human rights of all people, everywhere in the world, as explained in its statutes and through its publications accessible from its website : www.fidh.org
FIDH seeks diversity and is committed to equality by not discriminating in its hiring practices on the basis of race, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, health status or any other situation protected by French and international human rights law.
For people with disabilities, we ask you to indicate in your cover letter any adaptations that would be useful to enable you to participate in the recruitment process in an optimal way.
Conditions of use
• Permanent contract. Position based in Paris.
• Salary from 31,9 K€ gross per year over 13 months, depending on experience.
• Teleworking possible with a minimum of 4 days face-to-face per month.
• 25 days of paid holiday and 24 days of RTT per year.
• Supplementary health insurance : employer’s contribution of €85 per month.
• Restaurant vouchers with a face value of €9, 60% of which is covered by the FIDH.
• 50% of the cost of public transport passes is covered.
Post to be filled : Monday 4 July 2022. A handover will be organised with the incumbent.
Do you fit the profile we are looking for ?
Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com indicating the reference COM 05-22 in the subject line of the email by 12 June 2022 at the latest for the attention of Raphaël LOPOUKHINE, Editorial and Press Communication Manager and Adéa GUILLOT Communication Director.
Interviews will take place as applications are received.
FIDH reserves the right to close the recruitment before the deadline for applications.
Only those candidates whose applications are accepted will be contacted.