SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and water, sanitation & hygiene to local contexts. SNV has over 1,250 team members in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational as well as technical excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV is more explicitly endeavouring to contribute to large scale, sustainable impact through systems changes - by strengthening institutions, kick-starting markets, leveraging financing, and influencing policies.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
To strengthen our team of tax and legal experts, SNV is seeking a dynamic, pragmatic and well-organised professional with experience of delivering high-level coordination and support to professional services teams. A key part of the role will be focused on providing day-to-day support, planning and follow-up on cross-organisational initiatives and tasks related to tax, legal and compliance.
As Governance Support Officer, you will be part of SNV’s Global Compliance Team based in The Hague. The Global Compliance Team ensures SNV is in control of its governance, compliance, risk as well as contracting and procurement, project execution and country logistics practice. You will provide dedicated support on tax, legal and compliance matters. This includes liaising with colleagues across the SNV world to ensure SNV’s tax, legal and other registers are maintained up-to-date. You will also provide administrative support, as well as liaise with external legal and tax providers to contribute to SNV’s delivery of quality, impactful and compliant projects and sustainable presence in the countries where we work.
Reporting into the Global Head of Compliance, your role and responsibilities will require a strong service orientation as well as the astute application of your skills and expertise in project, time and process management. From accurate recording and support in the follow up on legal, tax and compliance related matters, to engagement with colleagues across our country and global functional teams and sectors, your experience and/ or understanding of working in complex, international organisations will be key to providing effective support in this role.
· Pro-actively supports the Global Policy and Legal and Tax Advisors with the day-to-day planning, follow-up and ongoing support on key activities with proper handling of confidential and/or sensitive information
· Supports Global Compliance Team colleagues in maintaining centrally the registration, tracking and monitoring of permits and licenses, and relevant legal and tax documentation across the countries in which we operate
· Contributes to SNV’s legal entity management and selected contract reviews
· Administers SNV’s relationship with external tax and legal service providers
· Coordinates and supports the update to SNV’s Competency Tables and other internal compliance requirements as required, and consults with the Global Policy and Legal Advisor
· Jointly with Global Compliance Team colleagues, maintains SNV’s Policy House up-to-date and administers related processes with a view towards process optimisation
· Coordinates and monitors SNV’s donor accreditations and registrations
· Organises regular and key internal stakeholder meetings including follow-up on actions
Excellent tax, legal and/ or compliance expertise.
- Graduate degree or recognised qualification in administration, law, project management, or equivalent by experience
- Genuine interest and/or experience in providing administrative legal, tax and/ or other professional services support.
- Some years of demonstrable paralegal and/or compliance experience with strong process administration skills preferably in a public / international NGO setting
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, international, cross disciplinary organisation Pragmatic and pro-active self-starter with a service orientation as well as demonstrable experience of internal and external stakeholder management
- Excellent project management, and data consolidation and analysis skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience in working with and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
· Intermediate Excel knowledge and practical knowledge of ICT solutions to facilitate efficient knowledge sharing and administration, preferably Microsoft Office applications, including SharePoint .
- Experience of working with/providing support in professional services
· Fluency in English (working language) is a must and knowledge of French is desirable
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship.
Contract Type: Dutch employment contract for one year, with possibility of extension to an indefinite contract
Desired Start Date: 1st August (negiotiable)
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/careers.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation by 21st of June 2022.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.