The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Senior Program Manager (SPM) to manage the Anti-Corruption Policy and Research Outreach and Engagement (APROE) Program. APROE works to collate, analyze, and share a diverse array of resources across the U.S. Government (USG) to enhance international anticorruption policy and programming with a focus on engaging stakeholders working on anti-corruption policy and programs and the broader public to be better informed about corruption and ways to counter it and to increase access and inputs to anti-corruption policy development.
The SPM manages all aspects of program implementation from programmatic and financial to operational, including monitoring and evaluation, financial compliance and donor and partner relations. The Senior Program Manager also leads and provides technical input to the program in the areas of countering corruption and promoting transparency and accountability through the application of good practices, evidence and innovation in the development and drafting of post-activity policy briefs and reports and information for social media communications.
The Senior Program Manager reports to the Director of the Global Programs Division. In addition to providing high-quality contributions including to decision making for the effective implementation of program activities, the SPM, who will be part of the Global Programs Division, is expected to support other ABA ROLI global programs as needed as well as contributing to the development of new programs and initiatives.
Principle Duties / Job Responsibilities
Principle Duties and Job Responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the program ensuring that all programmatic and financial requirements comply with ABA and donor policies, practices, procedures, and regulations, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Coordinate technical input of subject matter expertise in the areas of anti-corruption, accountability and transparency.
- Conduct outreach, establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with program partners, stakeholders, participants and consultants, including donor relations to fulfill program objectives.
- Oversee organization of all program activities including roundtables, workshops, meetings and consultations to ensure quality delivery, consistency and optimal participant support.
- Lead and is accountable for recruiting roundtable speakers and participants.
- Lead and contribute to research and drafting of policy briefs, reports and social media campaigns and content.
- Represent ABA ROLI and APROE within the program implementer and donor communities.
- Manage and monitor program budget including analysis and recommendations to make course corrections or modifications, if needed.
- Oversee and contribute to the development and effective implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plans and reporting.
- Assist in program design and the development of proposals in collaboration with Global Programs Division and other regional colleagues.
- Provide leadership, coaching, counseling, feedback, performance appraisal, professional development and, where appropriate, apply corrective actions to program team members.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Masters’ degree or Juris Doctorate from an accredited college or university and at least six (6) years’ of program management experience.
- Advanced degree in political science, international development or a relevant social science discipline.
- Minimum five years relevant professional experience related to anti-corruption in government, academia, journalism, or civil society.
- Passion and commitment to anti-corruption, transparency and accountability and familiarity with U.S. Government strategies and policies in countering corruption.
- Experience with supporting social media campaigns.
- Experience working with the Department of State, USAID, or other U.S. government donors as well as international development organizations.
- Demonstrated track record of drafting and/or contributing to policy briefs and meeting reports.
- Experience organizing the content and logistics for high-level meetings and consultations.
- Strong relationship skills and ability to work effectively with a range of government counterparts, program partners and other stakeholders.
- Proven capability to establish and maintain a wide array of professional relationships and networks at the headquarters and field levels.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communications, research, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, leadership, interpersonal, entrepreneurial and management skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize/manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and at all levels of the organization, including with managers, peers, and technical staff.