Responsible for reviewing and processing various types of communication from sponsors domestically and field offices globally.
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
This role is not available in a virtual environment. The responsibilities will need to be performed in our office in Phoenix, AZ for an 8 hour time frame.
• Receive and review field generated correspondence (letter from child to sponsor, child updates, etc.) to ensure communications meet applicable policies and standards.
• Receive and process sponsor communications to their sponsored child, assuring communications meet child protection standards as well as standards for communities with religious sensitivities.
• Assist with department activities as needed to help ensure high levels of service to sponsors, donors, and those we serve globally.
• Communicate with domestic and international based staff on the progress and quality of correspondence.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
• Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom, with ability to learn programs such as Studio Enterprise, Salesforce, WorldLink, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes.
• Ability to sit at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
• Detail oriented is a must. Ability to accurately review and process thousands of documents.
• Able to resume routine with multiple interruptions.
• Able to lift 25lbs individually and up to 50lbs as a team lift.
• At least 6 months of business-related experience.
• High school diploma or GED required.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to conduct business correspondence and effectively present information.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to midpoint of the range, based on relevant experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Medical, Dental, Vision - employee benefits paid
401K with up to 4% employer match
Paid commuter benefits
11 paid holidays
Flexible telecommute policy
Paid day off for your birthday
An application and resume through our online system is required. Click here to access our system.