Oxford Policy Management is seeking a Project Manager to lead on the general Framework management and client framework lead of the Acquisition team. This is an exciting and challenging role where you will be responsible for key Frameworks clients along with several Frameworks umbrellas and the associate internal and external management.
We are looking for candidates in the UK, India or Pakistan for this role. Please note the pre-existing right to work in either the United Kingdom, India or Pakistan is required before applying as we cannot sponsor visas.
This role has two key aspects: the management of the frameworks and the client framework leads.
Frameworks management including direct oversight of a key priority framework client (i.e. FCDO or UN) will mean you have accountability for the delivery of OPM Framework Agreements, including the implementation of framework calldowns; you will also be adept at developing and delivering of client frameworks strategy; and have all accountability for framework procedures/processes in order to ensure an efficient administration and success. You will have your own team with line management responsibility for client Frameworks team development internally; and exciting opportunities externally will also involve you managing relations with various clients, stakeholders and partners to enhance and develop out mission.
The Client Frameworks Lead element of this role will see you leading on the monitoring and evaluation process of the frameworks and support OPM with decisions related to Framework management and support. This strand will allow you take on accountability for the general operational running of frameworks and all associated calldowns, coordinating the bid process, negotiations and contracts for the framework and oversight of security and project finances. You will also support the Project Director (PD)/Technical Leads on the strategic management of the framework and lead on the monitoring and evaluation process of the frameworks.
Day to day client framework management responsibilities will involve (not exhaustive):
- Oversee the swift dissemination of tender opportunities to the appropriate partners and internal staff and ‘mini-competitions’ following call-downs (where necessary).
- Oversee tracking and financial performance of Framework contracts.
- Work with the technical practices, the Acquisition Manager and the Director of Clients to review and improve the existing mechanism of administering the frameworks, from tendering to implementation
- Review, improve and oversee the framework management processes both for OPM and consortia to ensure agreements and specific contracts are implemented effectively and meet client requirements.
- At Bid stage ensure all calldowns are fully budgeted, the team are processing accurate and timely invoicing from subcontractors, suppliers and clients, assisting central finance with credit control
- Management & oversight of the bid process for your clients frameworks
- Ensure quality service and timescales for response to call-downs and for project implementation are adhered to
Consortium and network management responsibilities will involve (not exhaustive):
- Lead your team in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients, consortium partners and external consultants to ensure effective partnership working and proactive problem solving
- Oversee OPM's management of external consultants working on these Frameworks by ensuring that OPM maintain a positive and consistent relationship with them and advised of outcomes in a timely manner
- Within each Consortium, ensure an appropriate meeting structure and cadence is established to support effective partner relationships; Ensure issues between consortium members are identified and resolved quickly, acting as senior level point of escalation if necessary
Reviewing duties will involve (not exhaustive):
- Lead regular review points as required and regular Financial reviews of each Framework
- Develop management reporting systems to ensure information is available for managers clients and consortium partners; and monitor multi year, multi disciplinary framework agreements from prepositioning to framework implementation
Line Management & Training duties:
- Line Management of 2-3 direct reports
- Provide specialist guidance and leadership to team members, including support with the workload management and tasks prioritisation.
- Monitor work levels and capacity across team members: ensure appropriate surge support is provided where needed during periods of high-activity and/or scheduled leave periods.
- Ensure that direct reports are effectively managed, motivated, developed and rewarded, within the framework of the company’s performance management and remuneration policies.
- Ensure development and training plans are in place to enable the individual growth of team members and to ensure the company as a whole has the capability to effectively deliver Framework agreements.
- Advise and guide junior frameworks staff and other internal stakeholders (e.g. consultants leading a new call-down) through all framework processes and procedures.
You will have the below essential skills, knowledge and experience in order to be considered:
- Strong knowledge and experience of working in the international development sector;
- Demonstrative knowledge of different donors’ procurement processes;
- Substantial experience working in Framework Agreements;
- Extensive experience in coordinating and managing bid processes, in particular bringing together highly technical bids for contracts, with commercial awareness and the ability to agree and manage budgets;
- Proven project management experience;
- Experience and understanding of T&Cs and compliance requirements.
- A strong track record of not only maintaining systems and processes, but also driving innovation to improve ways of working
- Outstanding experience of consortia management;
- Exceptional ability to influence at all levels, to successfully engage internal and external senior stakeholders, and to bring external partner teams together to problem solve and develop solutions;
- Wide experience managing a team of people and the ability to motivate and encourage other people, and working as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently for sustained periods and to tight deadlines, to be flexible and take on new challenges;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and to recognise and meet essential deadlines;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong level of numeracy and familiarity with basic financial documents;
- Excellent IT skills including high level of competence with Microsoft Office products (Word, and Excel in particular);
- High standard of both spoken and written English; Fluency in French is an asset.
If you meet the essential skills and experiences listed, we would love to receive an application from you. Please apply with your updated CV before the closing date on the portal. We look forward to hearing from you.