SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) to local contexts. SNV has over 1,250 team members in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational as well as technical excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV is more explicitly endeavouring to contribute to large scale, sustainable impact through systems changes - by strengthening institutions, kick-starting markets, leveraging financing, and influencing policies.
SNV offers an international work environment, with highly motivated colleagues, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse international working environment.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is seeking an enthusiastic and eager to learn Global Accounting Officer with a sharp eye for details, thorough, self-organised, able to prioritise and with strong communication skills in multi-cultural settings.
As Global Accounting Officer, you will be part of the Global Accounting team, finance department, located in The Hague, the Netherlands. The Global Accounting team is responsible for leading, designing, developing, implementing, monitoring and driving continuous improvements to SNV’s financial accounting policy, procedures, processes, systems and instructions, ensuring the financial accounting systems are compliant with donor, regulatory and SNV requirements and producing integer, transparent, complete and accurate financial data. This includes the financial accounting in SNV’s ERP system (SAP Business by Design), the accounting manual in compliance with the Dutch Accounting Standards, the chart of accounts, the accounting processes and systems relating to purchase -to-pay (P2P), order-to-cash (OtC), record-to-report (RtR) processes.
The Global Accounting team guides, instructs, reviews and coaches the country teams in periodic closings of their financial accounting records, financial checks and balances, extensive closes and year-end close. The Global Accounting team is responsible for the consolidated annual accounts of SNV. The team supports country finance and project teams with the implementation and execution of standardised financial accounting activities, improvement of execution of standard processes and improvement of data integrity and financial reporting. Global accounting team supports the countries on issues relating to project audits, minimising ineligible costs.
The Global Accounting team drives capacity building of country finance teams by trainings, support, review, feedback, etc. The team identifies and proposes solutions to solve (potential) risks as well as ensures learning and feedback on relevant issues throughout the accounting cycle and across the organisation with a view to continuous improvement.
The Global Accounting team is responsible as well for the Global Teams accounting including projects’ administration run through Netherlands office (NL projects).
- Support country finance and project teams with the implementation and execution of standardised financial accounting activities, improvement of execution of standard processes and improvement of data integrity and financial reporting.
- Carry out assigned tasks, such as postings of financial accounting records, financial checks and in-depth balance sheet review during the monthly closure, extensive close and year-end close processes (including risk assessment, intercompany accounts’ reconciliations and balance sheet cleaning).
- Prepare management accounts and financial data that provide accurate and timely financial and statistical information for assigned NL projects or country reports (including donor reporting).
- Carry out salary administration of the SNV NL global teams as well as International Employees (salaries and benefit postings, not payroll administration).
- Administer Account Payable of the SNV NL making sure SNV policies and procedures are properly followed.
- Review NL VAT process, prepare and file VAT claims on quarterly basis on time and in good quality.
- Support the global audit process by providing the assigned audit deliverables to our global auditor as well as support countries on audit requirements.
- Act as sparring partner of the Netherlands Accounting Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, applied economics, or equivalent by experience.
- At least three years of relevant and demonstrable experience working in finance and accounting.
- Solid accounting skills including understanding and hands on experience with OtC, PtP and RtR processes.
- Experience with reviewing/making payments, general ledger accounting and monthly close process, including clearing of balance sheet items.
- Good analytical and IT skills.
- Pro-active, solution driven and have an eye for the details.
- Strong communication skills (both verbally and in writing).
- Fluency in English is required (fluency in Dutch is an added advantage).
- Working experience with IT systems - SAP Business by Design preferred.
For this role you need to be eligible to work in the Netherlands. SNV cannot sponsor for a work visa.
Contract Type: Dutch Employment Contract
Expected Start Date: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: The Hague, The Netherlands
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and a letter of motivation before/on the 1st of August 2022.
Please submit your application only via SmartRecruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as possible when we have reviewed your application.
If we see that your experience and skills match the requirements of the position, we will contact you to advise you of the next steps in the recruitment process.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.