USAID Tunisia Civil Society
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks an experienced Finance Manager for a USAID-funded project that seeks to support Tunisian citizens to act and advocate for specific issues and effect change at the local, regional, and national level in advancing Tunisia's development and to build the legitimacy and sustainability of the civil society sector The Finance Manager will provide overall financial management and oversight for the project and will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP). This position will also be a liaison with the Home Office (HO) to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies with regards to the implementation of effective internal controls.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Manager will report to the DCOP-Operations and supervise the Finance Officer, and other potential finance positions.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures;
- Ensure that the project meets all donor financial requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations;
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Liaise between Creative Associates' field and home office;
- Participate in ongoing analyses, forecasting and review of project expenses and report on variances to the DCOP-Operations and HQ Program Director;
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required;
- Assist with client audits and HQ finance internal project financial reviews;
- Manage the cash-transfer services engaged by the project to ensure the delivery of funds and reconciliations completed in a timely manner;
- Track the transfer of funds between home office and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data;
- Provide Project Directors/HQ updates on the status of fund requests and work with Finance and Contracts (F&C) in Washington, DC to ensure the timely transfer of funds;
- Submit wire transfer requests for field offices to F&C for processing;
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements;
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies;
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/USAID policies and procedures;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Contribute and support host-country financial regulations;
- Maintain project financial and contractual files;
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff;
- Pending budget status, provide start-up support, training, and financial oversights to new projects operating in the host country;
- Maintain electronic accounting documents;
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to HO in paper and electronic copies;
- Ensure monthly field expense reports; and other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in accounting or financial management desired with at least 5 years of experience; or B.S. degree with at least 8 years of experience required;
- Demonstrable financial management experience on US government-funded programs, including US government policy, procedures, and reporting requirements;
- Public or private sector management, financial analysis, cost accounting and relevant experience preferably in low-income countries;
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system;
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments highly desirable;
- Knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and reporting requirements preferred;
- Speaking and writing fluency in Arabic and/or French and proficiency in English is required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Only finalists will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.