This a remote consultancy assignment and does not involve work on project location. Therefore there are no restrictions in terms of location.
The aim of this assignment is to develop guidance on how VSO can best entrench social accountability in Fragile & Conflict-affected Settings (FCAS) programming and to strengthen VSO's tools, systems and approaches in this area.
The assignment will seek to address the following objectives:
- Explain what accountability looks like in a range of fragile and/or conflict-affected contexts (including the accountability of intervening agencies and the different types of actors)
- Identify program pathways to consider for projects in a range of fragile or conflict-affected contexts
- Develop guidance to support the design and implementation of accountability within Practice Area development projects in fragile and conflict-affected contexts
- Develop markers and indicators for integrating accountability in FCAS to be embedded in VSO processes e.g. quality design standards, magenta process, KEL monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Desk review of how other organisations have considered social accountability in a FCAS
- Guidance on social accountability in a FCAS (for VSO design and project teams)
- Indicators for social accountability in a FCAS. (Embedded in VSO tools)
The resulting guide should inform program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. See also the ToR for more information.
Application closing date: 21th August 2022. The assignment should start as soon as possible and be completed by November 2022. It is expected to take up to 15 days work.
We welcome applications from experts with strong experience of FCAS programming, specifically with an Accountability lens and the ability to develop output that is appropriate for VSO's unique VfD approach.
Equal Opportunities: VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Once you're ready to apply, go to the job advert on the VSO website, click on 'make an application' below to complete the online form and attach to your application:
1. CV outlining relevant skills and experience
2. Maximum 4-page technical proposal:
- indicating their understanding of the assignment as well as the methodology they will employ in getting the assignment's outputs
- a timeline for the assignment in their technical response
3. Financial proposal indicating both the professional fee and logistical costs for effectively undertaking the assignment.
Interviews are planned between 25-31 August 2022.