Project title: Technical Assistance to support the development of a sustainable TVET and Skills financing model and set-up of a National Fund for Skills Development (NFSD) in Rwanda
Contracting authority: The European Union, represented by the European Commission
Contract language: English
Location: Normal place of posting of the specific assignment
Indicative start date: 14/10/202
Indicative end date: 14/10/2023
Global objective: The global objective is to develop a sustainable TVET and skills financing model in Rwanda, which will result in the setting up of a NFSD.
General description of the position:
Expert category: Cat. II (>6 years of experience)
Qualifications and skills required: An advanced university degree (MA/MSc) or Masters’ degree in education management, education science, education planning, educational economics or other related programs
General professional experience: At least 6 years of professional experience related to TVET policies implementation
Specific professional experience:
- Proven experience in educational financing approaches will be considered an asset;
- Proven experience in new fund scheme policy drafting inclusive of fund collection, disbursements, recovery, etc. will be considered an asset;
- Proven experience in financial feasibility studies related to education will be considered an asset;
- Proven experience in resources mobilization strategies and development of funding proposals with potential donors and development partners;
- Strong experience in working with higher learning institutions;
- Experience working in/ supporting public institutions in an African, Caribbean, and Pacific Countries (ACP) country is an advantage.
Language skills: Excellent oral communication and report writing skills in English
Location: Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Under this assignment, the expert will have two normal places of posting: home-based and in Rwanda. While in Rwanda, the expert shall be based at the Rwanda TVET Board located in Kigali-Rwanda. The indication of the use of man-days per phase of the assignment can be found below. It shall be amended during the course of the assignment if need be. Specific Objective 1: Home Based (20 days) and Rwanda (20 days) Specific Objective 2: Rwanda (30 days) and Home Based (20 days) Specific Objective 3: Rwanda 30 days and Home based (20 days).
• Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting and duration(s): For mission(s) outside the normal places of posting, the Team Leader will be entitled to per diems as per standard practice.
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com, under the title: DRS 11345 (ref. number). Due to the high number of applications received via DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to the client's procedures.