ABA ROLI's Women and Girls Empowered (WAGE) Program requires an unpaid intern to support the implementation of WAGE’s nine ongoing strategic initiatives, as well as the WAGE Consortium's efforts to use collaborative research and learning to build a body of evidence on promising practices. Among others, the intern will conduct targeted research on issues related to gender-based violence, women's economic empowerment, and women in peace and security; monitor and provide weekly updates on political and social developments in the countries in which WAGE works; contribute to the project’s learning agenda through research and event planning; and contribute to building WAGE's website and social media presence.
Duration: The usual minimum expected period for an internship with the WAGE Program is a minimum for 16 weeks for 20 hours a week, but there may be some flexibility. The spring internship term is from January 9, 2022 - May 31, 2023. Starting and end dates are flexible.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Conduct targeted research on WAGE’s core thematic areas of gender-based violence, women’s economic empowerment, and women in peace and security.
- Assist the ABA ROLI WAGE team with drafting and reviewing social media and blog posts related to ongoing project activities or key project learnings.
- Assist the ABA ROLI WAGE team with coordinating learning events, both internal and external, exploring key learning questions for the project.
- Research and monitor major political and social developments in the countries in which WAGE works, presenting findings to the team on a weekly basis.
- Assist the ABA ROLI WAGE team in regularly updating and monitoring the WAGE website, adding new resources and drafting content for the initiative web pages.
Ideal Intern Profile
- Interest and/or background in rule of law, women and girls empowerment, prevention of and response to gender-based violence, civil society engagement, or other relevant subjects.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Candidates that are eligible for work in the United States.
- Candidate is based in the United States during their internship.
- Previous research experience.
- Strong writing skills.
- Previous experience working with social media and communications.
- Previous experience working for an international or domestic NGO/non-profit
Please express interest by submitting a CV and cover letter merged as one document.