Senior Capacity Building Specialist, USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, Manila, Philippines
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is pursuing an anticipated four-year contract to provide comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support to the USAID/Philippines Mission and implementing partner projects. The contract will provide services to improve design, monitoring, evaluation, and learning and adapting for the portfolio of projects. This activity will cover USAID-funded projects implemented in the Philippines, Pacific Islands, and Mongolia, and is anticipated to be awarded in May 2023.
SI is seeking a Senior Capacity Building Specialist to oversee, lead, and guide on support service requests (development of capacity for activities, designing/conducting training, developing capacity building plans) across the portfolio of projects, working closely with the USAID/Philippines Mission and implementing partners.
The position is a full-time position for the four-year duration of the project, and will be based in Manila, Philippines, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Only citizens of the Philippines are eligible to apply for this position.**
- Lead the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in MEL.
- Develop MEL capacity building plans for implementing partners.
- Provide training, mentorship, and tools to enhance the skills of local MEL organizations.
- Monitor improvements in the local capacity to design and undertake MEL activities.
- Support the sharing and dissemination of any learning resulting from capacity building activities.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a field such as International Development, Public/Business Administration, Organizational Development or another relevant field.
- A minimum of eight years of progressively professional experience in developing and supporting capacity of organizations within international development.
- Familiarity and/or experience on USAID Mission MEL support contracts.
- Experience leading training and building MEL capacity.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches, and operations, particularly as they relate to capacity building.
- Advanced professional fluency in written and spoken English and Tagalog required.
- Similar experience in Mongolia, Pacific Islands, and/or the region preferred.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.