Director of Finance and Administration (DFA), USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, Manila, Philippines
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is pursuing an anticipated four-year contract to provide comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support to the USAID/Philippines Mission and implementing partner projects. The contract will provide services to improve design, monitoring, evaluation, and learning and adapting for the portfolio of projects. This activity will cover USAID-funded projects implemented in the Philippines, Pacific Islands, and Mongolia, and is anticipated to be awarded in May 2023.
SI is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) to oversee all financial, operational, contractual, and administrative aspects of the multi-million-dollar project.
The position is a full-time position for the four-year duration of the project, and will be based in Manila, Philippines, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: This is a Filipino position. Only citizens of the Philippines are eligible to apply.**
- Manage and oversee project finance and administration for the field office.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables in line with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and good business practices.
- Work with Chief of Party to ensure that financial management and reporting is in compliance with USAID requirements.
- Manage project start-up and support initial work planning process.
- Establish procedures for financial operations, banking, and reporting.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Implement other functions relevant to the position, including regular meetings with SI Headquarters Management Team.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Financial Management, or another relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least eight years of professional experience, with five years of financial management and contracts oversight experience and expertise on USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID contractual, administrative, and financial regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Filipino payroll income tax calculations and health policy calculations for full-time staff.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and QuickBooks.
- Computer literacy and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Tagalog required, knowledge of Mongolian and or French an asset.
- Similar experience in Mongolia, Pacific Islands, and other similar Asian countries preferred.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts in a similar capacity preferred.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.