German- Uzbek Technical Dialogue for a Sustainable and Climate-Resilient Agriculture Component for Climate-Resilient Seed and Fodder Production
Location - Tashkent, Uzbekistan
The project aims to make a key contribution to strengthening fodder and seed production in Uzbekistan. The expert dialogue is intended to contribute to the strengthening of a climate-resilient,
sustainable agricultural sector and thus to securing Uzbekistan's self-sufficiency. Uzbekistan. The project will focus on resource-conserving fodder production for dairy farms, as well as the necessary development and multiplication of heat- and drought-resistant and multiplication of heat- and drought-resistant seed. The increasing demand for animal products should be met in a way that is as climate-friendly as possible, while avoiding further increase in land use and with low water consumption.
Seed Production Expert (part-time, 450 days)
- University degree (diploma/master's degree) in agricultural sciences, seed production/ breeding (or similar),
- Very good English language skills
- 5 years of professional experience in seed production/ breeding
- Knowledge of climate resilience in seed development
- International development cooperation project experience
- Language proficiency in German, Uzbek or Russian B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Professional experience in Central Asia
- Experience in agricultural policy and institutional consulting
Applications from Uzbek nationals are particularly welcome.
Interested candidates should apply via this email to Iyanuoluwa Odubote email@example.com until December 10th , 2022.