DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
Overview: DT Global is seeking a Senior Business Development (BD) Manager to join the Business Development division. The Senior BD Manager will lead new business efforts from capture planning to proposal submission for opportunities within the Environment & Infrastructure (E&I) and Economic Growth (EG) technical areas. Specifically, in close collaboration with the BD Director/Deputy Director, the Senior BD Manager will contribute to the E&I/EG BD strategy, scope out new potential bids, manage capture efforts and present teaming plans to the BD Director/Deputy Director, czar proposals, provide technical writing support, and represent DT Global on partner calls and at business development related events.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Business Development and Strategy
- In collaboration with the BD Director/Deputy Director, contribute to the E&I/EG BD strategy for one- three-, and five-year plans. This includes monitoring developments in the sector, providing recommendations on future positioning, and flagging potential new bid opportunities to populate the pipeline
- Track business development forecasts and assist with go/no-go decision making
- Take a lead role in business intelligence collection efforts, including mapping programs due to end in the near future, tracking congressional budget hearings, monitoring future US spending trends in development, and utilizing GovTribe and GovWin to ensure the BD team is tracking all available opportunities within the E&I/EG technical space
- Manage the capture for multiple simultaneous bid opportunities including overseeing creation of capture plans that strategically assess bids and outline win strategies, planning and executing capture trips, leading recruitment, managing staff to pre-position and pre-write for bids before proposal release, and managing the internal DT Global processes involved in bid preparation – OAFs, Capture Plans, budget tracking for bids, and Netsuite entries. Bids could include USAID, FCDO, or other clients as needed.
- Lead proposal development, including technical approach, staffing, and partnering strategies and negotiations, and decisions on information gathering trips, and oversee cost development
- Lead scoping and information gathering trips for anticipated and live proposals and guide staff and consultants supporting research efforts
- Directly supervise BD team members, such as Proposal Coordinators, Senior Proposal Coordinators, and BD Managers and also manage inputs from various PMU members to advance high quality captures and proposals
- Lead live proposals, provide technical writing support, oversee budget development, or provide any other as needed support on live proposals
- Oversee staff managing logistics and administrative tasks for proposal cycles including oversight of consultants and travel
- Liaise with members of the E&I/EG practice, contracts, finance, and other DT Global departments as needed to ensure high quality E&I/EG bids
- Coordinate with members of DT Global corporate offices in London, Madrid, and Adelaide to provide support, mentorship, and technical input for their respective proposal efforts that overlap with the E&I/EG technical space
- Develop and cultivate relationships with technical specialists, subject-matter experts, and professional writers to contribute to technical solution designs, proposal reviews, and analysis of proposals and business development strategy within the practice
- Lead partner calls and recruitment calls to position DT Global strongly in the competitive landscape
- Represent DT Global at strategic BD related events
Leadership and Staff Management
- Provide guidance and mentorship to staff –including direct supervisees, other members of the BD team, and PMU members working on BD
- Create a collaborative environment that empowers staff to demonstrate the values of DT Global each day
- Coach direct reports on performance improvement across the full spectrum of program management, business development, and practice management
- Set an example as a leader by holding oneself and staff accountable, communicating professionally, being a team player, and supporting the development of staff
Learning and Innovation
- Proactively engage in self-driven professional development and growth activities
- Contribute to DT Global’s learning agenda; and innovation efforts
- Incorporate learning best practices into all aspects of work for broad organizational learning
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in international development or a similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in international development programming
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business development role writing, running capture, proposal development, and coordinating USAID bids; experience with environment, infrastructure, and economic growth proposals strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work independently and effectively lead multiple teams
- Strong communication, financial management and leadership skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% per year for capture trips
- Prior experience in the field, preferably in fragile states and/or post-conflict, post-crisis, or political transition environments
- Master’s degree in international development or a similar field
- Fluency in a language other than English, preferably Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish, or Ukrainian
- Experience working with multiple donors (USAID, MCC, FCDO, EU, DFAT)
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.