Job Profile: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
TolaData (www.toladata.com) is a social tech company that provides a web-based Software as a Service (SaaS) product developed for the not-for-profit, international cooperation and social impact sectors to support program management, monitoring & evaluation (M&E) and impact reporting. We provide an intuitive software solution to increase transparency and make it easier for organisations to create positive impact with their programs.
We are an established and recognised brand in the sector with over 100 clients around the world, across all continents. Our clients include INGOs, donors, government bodies, foundations, social enterprises, alliances, educational institutions, local and community organisations, research bodies, and more.
Based in Berlin, Germany, we are looking for a new CEO to lead the company in the next stage of its strategic development and growth.
We have 10 staff in our HQ in Berlin, 5 based in Kenya and 1 in Guatemala. We are a close team that values our fantastic work environment and supportive team culture. We are passionate about our mission and delivering great services for our clients around the world to support their development, humanitarian and social programs.
We are looking for someone who:
● Is motivated to lead and grow a value-driven, social impact company with an innovative approach to how digital solutions can service nonprofit and social impact programs around the world.
● Is passionate about scaling companies and products
● Has experience in business development
● Has experience and networks in at least one sector that is relevant for TolaData (e.g. development cooperation, NGOs, Social Business, etc.) and the skills to lead the Business Development Strategy to grow the client base, in both existing and new markets
● Has an understanding of tech and delivery of digital products with the expertise to review the Business Model and Product Strategy, test assumptions and refine the approach.
● Has an excellent understanding of KPIs and impact monitoring, and how they are used in organisations
● Understands and values new ways of working and company cultures that are built on trust, non-hierarchical approaches, and put people first.
Leadership skills and style
● Values driven, transformational leader, leading with empathy and open mind
● Ability to think strategically and act operationally
● Trust in team members and “team first” attitude
● Effective communicator who inspires cooperation and participation
Additional experience and skills that are nice to have
● Monitoring and reporting in the non-profit or development cooperation or social business field
● Start-up experience
● Product development skills
● Coding or data science skills
● Track record of scaling a smaller business into a larger organisation
● Location: Berlin, fully remote not possible, but partially remote would be feasible
● Full time or part time with a minimum of 80%
● Our working language is English, German is desirable but not essential. Other languages a plus.
● Timing: as soon as possible, ideally before April 2023
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to Andrii Makrushyn (Andrii.Makrushyn@gfa-group.de)