Position: Expert in resources mobilization and monitoring/evaluation
Type of contract: Consulting Agreement
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The project title: Transformational climate-smart and inclusive agriculture in Rwanda.
Project start date: estimated to be March 2023.
Project duration: 48 months.
Project overview: To contribute to the effective implementation of national sector policies in the areas of agriculture and climate action in agriculture in Rwanda, in the framework of the sector reform contract “Transformational climate-smart and inclusive agriculture in Rwanda”.
The expert will support MINAGRI, MoE and districts in developing and optimizing their M&E systems. A specific contribution is expected on the NDC MRV system and consolidation of the Paris Agreement Enhanced Transparency Framework.
Embedded in the MoE, the expert will report to the ministry’s senior management. He/she will
collaborate closely with the other technical ministries: MINAGRI and MINECOFIN; and with
relevant national funds (eg. Fonerwa) or agencies. The incumbent will facilitate the development of technical tools and guidance. He/she will supervise thematic studies and deliverables from Non-key experts relative to his/her thematic.
Qualifications and skills
· Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or equivalent professional experience of at least 10
· Proven knowledge in public/private finance;
· Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing; at least C-1 level
· proficiency in English.
Considered an asset:
· Proven knowledge in climate finance;
· Proven knowledge in carbon credit mechanisms;
· At least B-2 level proficiency in French.
General professional experience
A minimum of 6 years of experience is required. The expert could have mixed experience
requirements during the same job, for example 2 years developing information systems in a
monitoring and evaluation unit in a climate fund collaborating with an economic planning Ministry.
· At least 4 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation;
· At least 2 years of experience in fundraising;
· At least 2 years of experience in a development or commercial bank;
· At least 2 years of experience in information systems.
Considered an asset:
· Experience with financial mechanisms such as national agricultural or climate funds;
· Experience in access to capital markets;
· Experience in blending mechanisms;
· Collaborative experience with National Finances and Economic planning Ministry;
· Specific professional experience
· A minimum of 6 years of experience is required.
· 4 years of professional working experience in supporting institutional monitoring and
· evaluation systems in agriculture or/and environment sectors;
· 2 proven experiences in the development and/or implementation of MRV systems under a NDC
· 2 working experience in developing agri and/or climate finance strategies and/or financial
· 2 working experiences in developing bankable projects pipelines, including project
· feasibility and financial assessments;
· Proven experience in accessing international sources of finance through the development of
· concept notes and proposals;
· Proven experience in carbon credit markets.
Considered an asset:
· Experiences in NDC finance approach; including NDC investment plans, green bonds;
· Proven experience in integrating NDCs into national planning, budgets and revenue,
· including carbon pricing, taxes, and trading;
· Proven experience in training or capacity building in accessing international sources of
· finance through the development of concept notes and proposals;
· All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
To find out more about the position and submit your application, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, under the title: DRS 11410 Expert in resources mobilization and monitoring/evaluation. We are excited to hear from you!
* Due to the high number of applications received via DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to the client's procedures.