Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
The Associate, Technical serves as part of the technical project management team within the Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) team. This team is responsible under the leadership of the Project Director and the management of the Director, Quality Improvement and Director, Health to provide technical program management oversight of Nigeria IHP. The specific purpose of the position is to provide technical administrative support to the technical program management team.
The Associate, Technical, is a valued member of the team completing a variety of substantive and administrative tasks that are critical to high-quality technical project management. Initially focused on learning the basics of technical project management, this role works closely with the Director, Quality Improvement and Director, Health to be trained in these duties and best practices in project management. Over time, the associate should apply that learning to complete tasks independently and build competencies and skills in preparation to take on manager-level roles in project management or other functional areas of Palladium’s business.
The position is based in Palladium’s Washington, DC office.
You and Your Career:
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in project administration and management, we are interested in hearing from you.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
The role reports to the Director, Quality Improvement and Director, Health. Reporting requirements include:
Attendance at all regular management team meetings
Provision of regular updates to the line manager, including updates on Key Result Areas (KRAs) and any other material matters and/or areas of concern
Other reporting as requested by the line manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support for reviewing, copy editing, formatting, and branding consultant, subcontract and/or GUC milestones and deliverables.
- Assist in the development and finalization of scopes of work and milestones for consultants, GUC, and subcontract.
- Tracking/monitoring the payments of consultant, GUC and local subcontractor milestones.
- Assist in developing and refining job descriptions, roles, and responsibilities.
- Copy edit and format project reports, workplans and deliverables.
- Organize and manage technical/clinical documents, articles, guidelines, etc. into one repository or library.
- Support the (re) organization of project SharePoint files.
- Support coordination of travel requests and approvals; coordinate travelers when multiple travelers at once.
- Manage/track updates to list servs in coordination with Manager and Senior Associate.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director, Quality Improvement and Director, Health.
Business Development / Other
- Contribute to company growth by supporting well-managed projects, ensuring Palladium is seen positively by clients for consideration in future business development.
- Participate in capture planning, providing inputs on implementation requirements
- Provide input and supports business development of the company as required
- Complete other duties as assigned
Key Competencies Required:
- Works with respect and dignity for all colleagues and contributes to a cooperative team working environment
- Basic understanding of management including organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Teams, especially in use of templates and style sheets
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel and work in developing countries for extended periods of time if needed
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team when required
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
- Internship, customer service, project coordination, or prior experience in any business setting
- Experience working in the international development sector
- Background in the public health, especially for maternal, newborn, and child health, reproductive health, malaria, nutrition and/or COVID-19 programming
- Proficiency in a foreign language