Call for expression of interest
Non-Key Experts Pool - NKEs in Social inclusion (EU UDTF-NKE-07)
Senior-level & Junior-Level, Short-term contract assignments
Project: Urban Development Technical Facility (UDTF):
The project consists of setting up and running a global Technical Facility to support DG INTPA’s interventions in the field of urban development. The Project is providing technical assistance and policy advice on sustainable urban development strategies, policies and projects to actors managing or implementing EU cooperation programmes and to their partners (e.g. national and local authorities, implementing partners, IFIs, etc.). Key and non-key experts will have to perform in-country missions when required.
DAI is looking to recruit a pool of non-key experts (Senior NKEs and Junior NKEs) and welcomes applications from all interested specialists with experience and interest in the following requirements:
Senior NKEs and Junior NKEs in Social inclusion (EU UDTF-NKE-07)
- The expert/s will be in charge of supporting DG INTPA in integrating the social inclusion aspects (participatory approaches, gender, etc.) in DG INTPA’s urban action.
Qualifications and skills:
- Senior Non-Key Experts must have at least 10 years of professional experience in the area defined for the tasks they will be committed to;
- Junior Key Experts must have at least 3 years of professional experience in the area defined for the tasks they will be committed to;
- All NKEs will be specialists with relevant university degree level, fluency in English and ability to communicate and draft in French OR Spanish OR Portuguese is required, computer literate, with verifiable and solid relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region OR Sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in East and West Africa is requested.
- All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- Civil servants and other staff of the public administration, of the partner country or of international/regional organisations based in the country, shall only be approved to work as experts if well justified.
Deadline for submission of applications & CVs from interested candidates: continuous
If you are interested kindly submit a CV in English, indicating field (s) of expertise and experience.
CV’s considered relevant will be included in the existing pool of experts and pre-selected candidates will be contacted in the course of project implementation as the need arises.
Detailed ToR for implementation of short-term missions will be sent to the short-listed candidates.