Deadline: Feb 11, 2023 Deadline for applications has passed
Organization: CTG Global UAE - Committed To Good
Job type: Permanent position
Work experience: From 5 years
Date posted: Jan 12, 2023
Expected starting date: Apr 1, 2023
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- The Security Risk Manager is the senior in country person responsible for overseeing the Duty of Care (DOC) to consultants & CTG permanent staff. They maintain the in country security policies & procedures, train & test emergency plans & mentor the Field Security Officer (FSO).
Assigned as but not limited to:
- Provide advice & guidance to the CTG Operations Manager (OM) & Account Managers (AM's) on all security & risk management issues.
- Maintain in country security policies & procedures.
- Lead on incident response training for permanent CTG staff.
- Form part of the Country Response Team (CRT), incident response, reporting & after action review.
- Deliver routine security briefings internally & externally to clients when requested.
- Safety & security inductions for consultants & CTG staff.
- Conduct security risk assessments.
- Liaison with security vendors providing security services to CTG.
- Travel risk management, security assessment of all CTG consultants & staff movement.
- Liaison with client & associated security professionals as the CTG Point of Contact (POC) for security services.
- Manage, train & mentor the FSO.
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned.
This role rpeorts to the below:
- Somalia OM.
- Global Risk Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Security, International Development, or relevant field (essential).
- Recognized professional security qualification (essential).
- Recognized security management qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable experience working in the security or risk management sectors (essential).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in complex or conflict afflicted environments (essential).
- Operational experience in Somalia (desirable).
- Fluent in English (essential).
- Demonstrable experience of developing security plans for large scale operations.
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills.
- Team player & good relationship builder.
- Ethical & trustworthy.
- Dedication, commitment & flexibility.
- This role will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Field Security Officer.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
Contract, 12 months +
Min 5 years
Contract, 4 to 12 months
Min 2 years
Contract, up to 4 months
Min 4 years
Contract, 12 months +
Min 7 years