The position is to be filled as soon as possilbe, with a contract duration of two years with good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bonn or Berlin, Germany.
As Climate Resilience Advisor you will coordinate and manage the strategic project "Systematizing Climate Resilience at Welthungerhilfe". In this way, you will contribute to the systematic integration of climate resilience into Welthungerhilfe's (WHH's) program work at all levels of the organization.
- Overall coordination and reporting of the strategic climate resilience project; assessment of knowledge, policies, guidelines, tools, and projects at country office level
- Coordinate the inclusion of climate resilience in strategy documents and support countries in incorporating CR into their country strategies, annual plans and reports
- Lead the development of the first World Hunger Environmental Compliance Toolkit, the Climate Resilience Strengthening Assessment and Planning Toolkit, and the Climate Resilience Marker Tool
- Lead the development of training toolkits adapted to the needs of WHH and partner staff at the country and project levels
- Provide technical leadership and process facilitation to regional climate advisors and to advisors contracted under the project
- Coordinate with other units and with country offices
- Manage and monitor the project budget, work plan, logframe, and indicator tracking table (IPTT) and report to interfaces of other units and key positions
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of climate resilience, i.e. climate and environmentally sensitive project design, climate change adaptation (esp. in agriculture), climate change mitigation. This includes, in particular, experience with carbon sequestration and certification, resilient agriculture, water management, renewable energy, or disaster risk management, as well as a strong awareness of both complementarities and trade-offs between climate change mitigation and hunger reduction
- Experience with project funding from relevant public donors in the area of climate resilience (e.g. IKI, BMZ IKU, EU, ECHO, USAID/RFS) is desirable
- Experience in project management and strong organizational skills to coordinate a sector in development as well as project funding and to keep different focal points and interests together
- Experience to build internal and/or external technical networks
- Strong strategic and communication skills to position, develop, and build a sector in a target-oriented manner as it is being developed
- Ability to work under pressure in order to not lose the overview in times of high workload and to work in a priority-oriented manner
- Very good English language skills; knowledge of German, French or Spanish desirable
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 19, 2023, by following this link. Your contact person is Ina Stepka. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.