DevWorks International (DevWorks) seeks international development professionals to join our growing local capacity building practice area. This practice area supports a variety of local organizations in business development, project implementation and donor compliance, and overall organizational development. Local Capacity Building Specialists will support DevWorks’ Programs and Business Development teams to strengthen the organizational capacity of our local partners during project implementation and/or proposal development. Local Capacity Building Specialists may also provide technical expertise to support DevWorks’ Business Development team in pursuing donor-funded projects that are focused on capacity building of local actors to receive and manage donor funds and on capacity building for donor staff to improve their localization programming. Given the wide variety of tasks and assignments, experts of all levels (junior, mid, and senior) and with varying geographic experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects, especially with USAID, USDA, and other relevant US government agencies
- Demonstrated experience with organizational development processes; experience with business and proposal development is desired
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and formal training and strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring in informal settings
- Ability to work closely with and support organizations based in the developing world in a respectful and inclusive manner
- Technical expertise in one or more of DevWorks’ sectors (agriculture, WASH, natural resources management, youth, and local governance) is desired
- Strong organizational skills, execution of tasks, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, coordinate effectively, and meet program goals
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in political/social science, international relations, or related field
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Local Capacity Building Specialist” in the subject line.