- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of Position
- Our client was established by Security Council resolution 2100 of 25 April 2013 to support political processes in the country and to carry out a number of security-related tasks. The Mission has been asked to support the transitional authorities of Mali in the stabilization of the country and implementation of the transitional roadmap, focusing on major population centers and lines of communication, protecting civilians, human rights monitoring, the creation of conditions for the provision of humanitarian assistance and the return of displaced persons, the extension of State authority and the preparation of free, inclusive and peaceful elections.
- The Field Technology Section (FTS) is mandated to deliver quality, robust and reliable solutions and services in support of mission mandate implementation, providing and maintaining the infrastructure and service management frameworks on which these solutions and services are delivered. UN Field Support builds and maintains supporting networks and delivers a broad range of technologies and enabled mission capacities. Field Technology strives to become a supplier of innovative and new technology solutions in support of peace operations. The two operational objectives of UN Field Support in the area of technology for the next three to five years are to continue to optimise current core operations as well as to strive to become the effective delivery vehicle for cross-cutting, innovative and new technology solutions in support of field mission mandate implementation.
Under the supervision of the Senior programme and Operations Manager, the Data analyst will support building a community of practice in our client to use innovative technology packages to integrate information from new data sources into decision making processes delivering operational impact.
Specifically, the Data analysit will:
- Provide end-user analytics support to extract and analyse data from innovative data sources with data mining techniques across multiple use cases.
- Provide inputs for the design and coordinate the delivery of a capacity building package for our client including webinars, workshops and hands-on coaching sessions to build our client capacities to conduct data mining from innovative data sources and disseminate analysis results.
- Establish and maintain a data peer group at our client for regular exchange and reflection on the use of new technologies for digital data analysis.
- Provides inputs for the work of a team of translators providing translation services to support end users at our client accessing data from innovative data sources.
- Supports the collection and production of language resources to enhance technology tools as needed.
- Foster strong substantive engagement with unit s within the Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA) and the Department of Peace Operations (DPO) to channel support for our client to embed new analytical capabilities in the existing information management architecture and analysis workflows.
- Provide end-user analytics support to extract and analyise data with data mining techniques from innovative data sources across multiple use cases.
- Support and organize briefings and presentations within our client and with partners to disseminate programme outputs and outcomes
- Reports to the line manager.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Effective communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Leading self and others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate leadership styles.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience conducting advanced data analysis including but not limited to trend analysis, trend analysis, clustering, predictive analysis and geo-spatial analysis and creating data products related to SDG 16 is required.
- Experience applying data mining techniques is required.
- Experience in conception and development of Database is required
- Experience with the creation and publication of web analytics (dashboards, maps and reports) is required
- Experience with digital data analysis, digital innovation and new technologies is required.
- Experience in supporting teams, and ability to contribute to and support others in required.
- Experience working with different Mission Components (Police, Military and Civilians) is desirable
- Experience working on distributed, cross-cultural international teams is desired.
- Experience working for the United Nations or other international organization is desired.
- Experience and good knowledge of developing country work environments and communication styles is desired.
- University degree in Information Management, Data Analytics, Data Science or related fields, International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences, Economics, Human Geography, International Studies,
- Candidates with a Bachelors degree along with additional years of relevant experience will be considered
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and French are required.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The individual contractor will be based at our client.