MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are currently seeking to recruit a Security Assistant – interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in EUAA, Malta outside HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Supporting the processes, planning, implementation and assessment of tasks with a view of ensuring safety and security aspects. Reporting requests for maintenance to ensure on-site safety.
- Supporting the day-to-day coordination of security related tasks in the place of responsibility.
- Supporting the day-to-day coordination of access control and safety aspects.
- Being aware of security and safety protocols and procedures in place, checking compliance and advising the management on any deficiencies.
- Providing security/safety briefings to EUAA staff and interim staff, inter alia on the warden system, radio communication procedures, fire safety and First Aid.
- Corresponding on a daily basis with EUAA staff and contracted suppliers regarding security service matters under instructions and supervision of relevant EUAA staff.
- Supporting document management by archiving electronically and manually all security related documents; keeping records and managing databases on security related issues.
- Maintaining inventory and managing security-related assets in the office. Managing the distribution of Security/Safety assets to personnel in various operational locations,
- Purchasing various security items and services for operations under instructions and supervision of relevant EUAA staff
- Drafting reports and processing data from the field related to security. Supporting assessments of premises operated by EUAA under instruction and supervision of relevant EUAA staff, also in safety and security related matters.
- Providing regular analytical and statistical reports of provided services and challenges
- Supporting the logistics aspects of the Operating Plan implementation.
- Ensuring sound cooperation with national authorities and/or co-operating national/international agencies at field level.
- Performing any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile.
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma, OR Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least one year;
- Thorough knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL);
- Good knowledge of Maltese (level B2 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL ) would be advantageous
- Experience in drafting and editing papers and reports
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish multiple tasks
- Good communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Professional experience in working in an international environment
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €33, 475.68 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Tuesday 31st of January 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.