MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are currently seeking to recruit a COI Assistant – interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in EUAA, Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Support the Operational Quality Procedure and Tools Sector in standardising high-quality COI to support the asylum procedure
- Support strengthening the role of COI towards an efficient and effective backlog reduction at first instance in the MS to which the EUAA provides operational and technical assistance
- Support training/coaching of members of Asylum Support Teams in conducting COI research in line with EUAA COI methodology
- Support caseworkers at first instance in formulating COI queries
- Support caseworkers at first instance in setting a structured liaison mechanism with the Horizontal COI Helpdesk
- Respond to urgent COI Queries as per pre-defined EUAA guidelines/instructions
- Maintain a logbook of work records
- Assist with any other COI-related tasks, as needed
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma, OR Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least one year;
- University degree is required, preferably in the field of law, political, humanitarian, social studies
- Experience in social research and/or research on third country conditions (human rights, political, socio-economic situation)
- Experience in working in the asylum context
- Knowledge of COI methodologies and databases
- Experience in drafting and editing papers and reports
- Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL)
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish multiple tasks
- Good communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Professional experience in working in an international environment
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €33,475.68 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Tuesday 31st of January 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.