Call for expression of interest - Non-Key Experts in Education and TVET
Senior-level & Junior-Level, Short-term contract assignments
Project: Technical Assistance to support the quality of Education and TVET, Jordan
The overall objective of the Programme of which this contract will be a part of is follows: to support Jordan in achieving enhanced social equity and sustainable growth through to free and equitable access to quality of primary and secondary education and development of relevant qualified skills for employment. At the impact level, this will make an important contribution towards developing a workforce with the skills, qualifications, capabilities and behaviours necessary to achieve Jordan’s economic and societal ambitions.
- Result 1: Technical competencies transferred to counterparts in MoE’s Department of Planning, Research and Policy Strategic Planning; MoE’s Education Training Centre (ETC) and Educational Quality and Accountability Unit (EQAU); but also VE Department and Department of Special Needs;
- Result 2: Quality monitoring strengthened and harmonised (also with explicit reference to the annual 100-schools quality survey by the EQAU), linking the flow of data between OpenEMIS and the EQAU, the ETC, the Department of Monitoring & Evaluation and the Department of Planning and Research; and support as necessary to enhancing the availability of reliable data;
- Result 3: Professional development standards and training packages for teachers on inclusive education developed, to be uploaded in the new teacher training platform to be used by MoE, for a comprehensive training and licencing system for teachers, principals and supervisors;
- Result 4: Pre-service teacher-training programmes expanded also in cooperation with the Queen Rania Academy (QRTA) and possibly Jordanian universities (for selected years);
- Result 5: Support to VE reform in line with TVSDC action plan, with a focus on teachers professional development and training
- Result 6: Communication and visibility activities in partnership with stakeholders to display achievements of the budget support operation and complementary support in providing access and quality education and improving governance in the education system.
DAI is looking to recruit a pool of non-key experts (senior NKEs and Junior NKEs) and welcomes applications from all interested specialists with experience and interest in one or more:
- Inclusive education;
- Technical and vocational education and training;
- Curriculum development ;
- Teacher training;
- Data collection & analysis, monitoring and evaluation;
- Educational planning;
- Results-based management;
- Training on generation and use of reliable data;
- Distance, blended and online learning and digital skills assessment;
- Decentralisation Management;
- Database and software development;
- Sectoral expertise in policy formulation, sector support, strategic development and education service delivery.
Qualifications and skills:
- Senior Non-Key Experts must have at least 10 years of professional experience in the area defined for the tasks they will be committed to;
- Junior Key Experts must have at least 3 years of professional experience in the area defined for the tasks they will be committed to;
- All NKEs will be specialists with relevant university degree level, fluency in English and ability to communicate and draft in Arabic is preferred for most positions
- Computer literate, with verifiable and solid relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Middle East and North Africa is requested.
- Excellent communication and knowledge transfer skills (for capacity building activities);
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Civil servants and other staff of the public administration, of the partner country or of international/regional organisations based in the country, shall only be approved to work as experts if well justified.
Duration: In the period between 1st of February 2023 until December 2024
Deadline for submission of applications & CVs from interested candidates: continuous
If you are interested kindly submit a CV in English, indicating field (s) of expertise and experience.
CV’s considered relevant will be included in the existing pool of experts and pre-selected candidates will be contacted in the course of project implementation as the need arises.
Detailed ToR for implementation of short-term missions will be sent to the short-listed candidates.