We are a leading organisation for the implementation of international development projects. We promote inclusive economic, social and ecological development to make an effective contribution towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies.
Swisscontact is represented in 38 countries with over 1200 employees. The foundation is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland.
Swisscontact has been present in Kosovo since 2001 when it established its office with a large skills project that was completed in 2012. Currently Swisscontact is focusing on private sector development aiming at creating decent jobs through sustainable economic development. Based in Prishtina, Swisscontact Kosovo currently has around twenty-eight employees.
Swisscontact is looking for an International Project Manager, based in Prishtina Kosovo, for the management of an upcoming project that is anticipated to start in the second half of 2023, in the field of skills development. You will need to have strong knowledge in the area of skills development, preferably in the Western Balkans.
The recruitment is subject to funding being awarded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
- Operational, administrative, and financial management of the project.
- Work with the private sector actors to actively engage them finding sustainable short, mid and long term solutions for skills development in Kosovo.
- Ability to engage with high level public policy makers and private sector actors and serve as a facilitator for establishing partnerships that will contribute to long term changes in skills development system in Kosovo.
- Support institutional actors in the revision / development of policies and strategies for skills development in Kosovo.
- Have a Master's degree in skills development, economics, education, pedagogy, development studies or related social science.
- At least 10 years of experience in project management of skills development projects in Eastern Europe and/or the Western Balkans.
- Management and social skills, as well as experience managing and coordinating complex vocational skill development projects.
- Experience in working with a diverse group of stakeholders and building the capacity of key local partners.
- Strong skills in result-oriented management, strategic planning, human resources management and financial management skills.
- Excellent command of oral and written English language. Albanian is an advantage.
- Good computer skills (Windows, Office).
Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organizational culture: mutual respect, trust and teamwork.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents: letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, diplomas and references. Applications should be submitted until 28th of February 2023. Please apply exclusively via the online application portal. For further information please visit www.swisscontact.org.