The position is to be filled by April 1, 2023, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kirundo, Burundi.
As Expert Partner Consultancy you advise local partner organizations with the implementation of projects financed by Welthungerhilfe according to the specified directives in terms of content, schedule, and budget, in order to help them achieve project goals. You will professionally support the Welthungerhilfe project team, partner organizations and target groups in terms of achieving the project goals and you will monitor and report the budget and project progress.
- Inspection and assessment of project applications / ideas
- Preparation of internal project documents as well as monitoring and evaluation on all levels
- Implementation of partner promotion strategy as specified in the regional or country programme as well as regular inspection and revision
- Ensuring the necessary flow of information and transparency of project work vis-à-vis the general public in the assignment country
- Revision/adjustment of project operation plans and the training and further development of the partner in the field of M&E
- Ensure project data entry as well as monitoring and report of project and budget progress
- Supporting project teams in technical project-related activities in the Welthungerhilfe Burundi sector porto-folio
- Providing technical expertise (Food and Nutrition Security, WASH mainly) and guidance to partners and relevant Welthungerhilfe staff in order to coordinate and implement planned activities properly
- Close coordination in all project matters with local partners and helping partners prepare reports on time
- Representing Welthungerhilfe and coordinating project concepts and planned project activities with national decision-makers and other relief and development organizations operating in the project region
- Participation in local/regional coordination committees
- Transfer of information about political, economic, and social development of the project region to the Country Office or Head Office in Bonn
- Helping partners to define training requirements for national experts
- Supervision of short-term experts and visitors
- A university or polytechnic degree in Agriculture, International Development, Humanitarian Response or a business related field
- At east 5 years previous experience managing programming and complex multi sector projects in food/nutrition security, WASH and/or livelihoods
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an international context
- Sound experience in collaboration with national partner organizations
- Sound experience and outstanding skills in program design, developing proposals, reporting, M&E documentation, work-plans, budgets and other project documents
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with the donor funding, especially with the German Foreign Office, EU and the BMZ is an advantage
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe programme countries
- Professional proficiency in French and English both verbal and written, German would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 19, 2023 by following this link. Your contact person is Peter Doerr. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.