The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration of two years with good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
As Skills Development Advisor you will ensure the continuous quality improvement of the program work in the project countries of Welthungerhilfe (WHH) through conceptual and strategic design of the Skills Development sector. In addition, you will be responsible for providing technical advice to country offices and for the technical management of the Skill Up! program coordinators.
- Advising the Executive Management, committees and managers on strategic technical sector-related issues
- Elaboration and/or further development of Welthungerhilfe's positioning at sector and country level in line with WHH's overall strategy, with the involvement of relevant stakeholders
- Moderation, consultation and steering of internal sector discussions and active participation in international sector debates (especially partner networks); development and maintenance of internal thematic networks
- Support (also proactively) and cooperation with executives and working level especially from marketing and communication department to sharpen position and acquire funds
- Development as well as implementation planning and monitoring of standards, innovative sector concepts, capacity development and other quality improvement measures in exchange with professional colleagues in the field within the framework of the general Welthungerhilfe strategy
- Processing of the core tasks as a sector advisor in their respective valid version
- A university or polytechnical degree in a relevant field.
- Sound knowledge in the field of skills development, i.e. adult education, vocational education and training (TVET), teaching business and life skills in formal and informal contexts, integrating people into the labor market (on an employed or self-employed basis)
- Experience in project management and high organizational skills
- Experience in building internal and/or external technical networks
- Experience with project funding in the field of skills development by international donors (e.g. BMZ, EU, USAID/RFS, Intl. Foundations) is desirable
- Strong strategic and communication skills to position, develop and build a sector in a target-oriented manner during the development phase
- Ability to work under pressure in order not to lose the overview in times of high workload and to work in a priority-oriented manner
- Very good command of written and spoken English, knowledge of French or German is desirable
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 28, 2023 by following this link. Your contact person is Ina Stepka. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.