CDM Smith is seeking a resourceful, high-energy, and internationally savvy proposal recruiter/sourcer to support our International Development Group. This individual will grow our talent network to meet the needs of our clients in an expanding portfolio of international development projects worldwide
This position location is flexible including the opportunity for work fully remote.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Working with the business development team to participate in the development and implementation of global and regional recruitment strategies.
• Leading sourcing and recruitment to complement business strategy including active participation in pre-capture and capture planning.
• Leading sourcing and recruitment for proposals and provide written proposal deliverables, as assigned.
• Working with project implementation teams to support recruitment for new or backfill positions.
• Following all compliance and internal policy guidelines in the sourcing, selection, offer and hire hiring of candidates.
• Using applicant tracking system to the fullest capacity, managing internal interest, and tracking referrals to build talent pipelines for future proposal needs.
• Maintaining excellent candidate management with identified candidates selected for proposals awaiting award.
• Possessing excellent knowledge and ability to convey CDM Smith’s history, projects and culture to ensure candidates have a great recruiting experience and are aware of the differentiators that make CDM Smith an employer of choice with a rich International Development history.
• Effectively using social media platforms and tools as a sourcing and branding tool.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 4 Years of Related Experience.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, applicant tracking systems and technology for sourcing candidates.
• Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills and the ability to work with all types of people at a variety of levels. May be involved in mentoring or guiding more junior level recruiters or support staff.
• Ability to work as a team player and to keep informed of developments in employment practices as well as the ability to maintain employment advertising program.
• Ability to work with detail, manage multiple priorities, and work within deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience in International development proposal sourcing and/or recruiting.
• Experience sourcing for projects funded by bilateral donors (e.g., USAID, MCC, AFD, KfW, GIZ, DFAT, MFAT) and multilateral development banks (e.g., ADB, AfDB, EBRD, EIB, IADB, World Bank) preferred.
• International sourcing capabilities using multiple platforms including, but not limited to, LinkedIn Recruiter, Devex, DevelopmentAid, etc.
• Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants globally and support offers of employment.
• Excellent communication (both verbal/written) and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build key business relationships including strong relationships and partnerships with internal business leaders.
• Ability to work independently, but also have strong team building and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands while being extremely adaptable and flexible to changing needs.
• Provide “outside the box” sourcing strategies to engage passive candidates.
• Ability to evaluate CVs and candidate profiles and populate staffing trackers to support candidate selection.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, ATS, and CRM use (Infinite Brassring and Yello preferred but not required).
Amount of Travel Required
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
U.S. Vaccine Status
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Visa Sponsorship Available
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position