WSP is currently initiating a search for Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming USAID Colombia Climate Finance Activity (CFA). USAID CFA will leverage and mobilize public and private finance to support Colombia’s climate adaptation and mitigation targets in key sectors. The program will support the increased supply of climate investment by public and private institutions, improved enabled environment to encourage more climate smart investment, and a robust pipeline of viable climate smart projects and businesses for linking to public and private capital providers. The DCOP will be based in Bogotá, Colombia with frequent in-country trips.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a project operations’ support system that empowers technical staff to manage their technical assistance efforts.
- Provide management support to the Chief of Party (COP) to ensure full compliance with contract requirements, USAID and WSP policies, and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Oversee the establishment of proper field policies and procedures which allow for effective administrative functions (e.g., financial management; HR; contracts and grants management; procurement; and facilities and logistical support).
- Recruit, train, and manage the Operations, Procurement, Finance and Administrative staff, and establish systems in accordance with USG and WSP policies, rules, and regulations.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional working experience in economics, management, public policy and administration, finance, development administration or any related field.
- 7+ years' professional experience in development at a senior program management level, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Good understanding of USG regulations including but not limited to FAR and ADS.
- Experience in managing donor-funded procurements and subcontracts/grants.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) in Spanish. Professional proficiency in English preferred.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursuing.
- This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Prior service as a USAID Deputy Chief of Party and with projects of comparable scale strongly preferred.
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- Experience in climate change mitigation, adaptation, and resilience (e.g., clean energy; climate smart agriculture and nature-based solutions; GhG reduction and measurement; carbon market, pricing, and reporting) in developing countries.
- working with financial institutions to develop internal knowledge and capacity to use green banking tools and financing instruments, like setting net-zero target, integrating ESG standards, creating green financial instruments, such as green bonds, and measuring and tracking carbon metrics.
- working with FIs to develop blended finance instruments (e.g., green lending and first-loss guarantee) to help access capital by international donors, DFIs (e.g., DFC, IADB), and institutional investors.
- working with public and private actors in climate finance policy development and implementation (e.g., green bond framework, green taxonomies)
- working with private sector in developing a pipeline of climate-smart projects and businesses that reduce emissions and/or mitigate the impact of climate change in clean energy, green transportation, agriculture, and forestry.
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status