Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We believe Social Impact is a great place to work and are passionate in our efforts to ensure that this endures. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth and the quality of the work we do. We promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another and have fun while working hard.
Implemented by Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC), AQE was a $33.9 million, four-year contract from March 2017 – July 2021. AQE aimed to increase access to education for approximately 48,000 out-of-school children ages 8 to 15 in six target counties of Liberia (Bong, Grand Bassa, Nimba, Lofa, Montserrado, and Margibi).
The purpose of this evaluation is to provide an independent and in-depth examination of the overall sustainability of the AQE activity in Liberia. The evaluation seeks to confirm whether the AQE intervention approach has continued to be implemented and produce intended results beyond the end of the USAID-funded investment. The Mission will use findings from the assessment to inform more strategic program design and USAID investments in the education sector in the future.
SI is seeking a Team Leader (TL) to support the USAID/Liberia AQE Ex-Post Sustainability Evaluation. The TL is responsible for managing the technical team, coordinating evaluation activities, and ensuring the production and completion of all deliverables. In collaboration with the SI management team, the TL will guide the development of the desk review, direct data collection and compilation, conduct data analysis, facilitate workshops and briefs, coordinate technical inputs of team members, lead the production of a final report and dissemination of findings.
The TL will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. The team lead is expected to plan primary and secondary data collection that efficiently engages international and local experts so that research is complementary. This is a short-term consultancy with an estimated level of effort (LOE) of 60 days, and a period of performance from April to September 2023 .
- Lead the development of the evaluation design including methodology, instruments, and workplan.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Conduct and oversee the consultant team to conduct data collection for the evaluation.
- Coordinate team's ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the evaluation design, key findings, and recommendations to USAID together with the evaluation team.
- Write the draft evaluation report with support from the team members, taking into consideration feedback from presentations and consultation workshops.
- Respond to comments on the draft report and prepare final report.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other's areas of expertise.
- A senior professional with experience leading and conducting performance evaluations of ALP programs in the education sector.
- At least ten years of experience related to management and analysis of capacity strengthening, accelerated learning, child development, and institutional sustainability programs.
- An advanced degree in a discipline related to education administration, planning, research, or relevant fields.
- Preferred experience applying systems thinking to education evaluation designs, findings, and recommendations.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams, conducting qualitative data collection and analysis, and ability to conceptualize and structure evaluation activities and produce high quality evaluation report in English is required.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures is desirable.
- Experience working in Liberia or similar programs in West Africa preferred.
- Experience facilitating participatory analysis and utilization of evaluation results preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required.
- No relations with AQE, EDC, or other interests that may compromise the Team Leader’s actual or apparent impartiality.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.