EnCompass LLC is seeking a Grants Manager for an upcoming five-year project for USAID-Guatemala focused on reducing the negative social and economic impacts of Gender Based Violence (GBV) in targeted areas of Guatemala. The proposed Guatemala Gender Based Violence Prevention & Response Project aims to support
women, children, adolescents, and other vulnerable groups impacted by GBV and intrafamily violence in targeted communities with high rates of violence and out-migration to the United States.
The Grants Manager will lead the design, development, and administration of a dynamic grants under contract (GUC) component to support and empower local organizations and community focused groups, including women and youth led organizations, LGBTQI+ groups, indigenous (Mayan, Xinca, Garifuna, among others) groups, and groups serving the needs of persons with disabilities.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the design, development and administration of the $10M grants under contract (GUC) component
- Designs and supports capacity building efforts for grant recipients, working closely with capacity strengthening staff on the project
- Responsible for administering national and international grants under contract
- Tracks grants under contract costs, budgeting, statistics, milestones, and compliance while generating necessary reports and financial statements to proactively ensure optimal use of funds
- Primary responsibility for conducting due diligence for awards, overseeing the development of work plans and grant milestones, and providing oversight to grants under contract
- Oversees all details of grant management including budget controlling, requisition of funds, financial reports (internal & external), regular communication with USAID and partners
- Oversees grant closeout, final reports, preparation of audits, data capture, analysis and statistics
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with all potential grantees and partner groups
- Ensures that all grantees achieve objectives laid out in their work plans and achieve related milestones
- Provides financial, contractual, and operational leadership and support to the grantees, ensures contract compliance, and liaises with the client on issues related to grants management
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a social science, organizational development, development studies or a related field highly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years or more of working experience in managing grants and grants under contracts (GUC) funds of at least $5M, specifically on USAID programs
- Good understanding of 2 CFR 200.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams of individuals supporting finance or grants components with a larger project structure
- Demonstrated experience in managing grant awards and working with and building the capacity of local grantee recipients
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Experience with client and business relationship management, stakeholder engagement, and public-private partnerships in the development context
- Strong familiarity and experience with USAID regulations
- Strong knowledge of and experience supporting Grants under Contract
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious in adhering to deadlines and deliverables
- Strong analytical skills and deep familiarity with MS Office
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal & EEO is the Law Supplement, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision