EnCompass LLC seeks Senior Evaluation Specialist candidates at multiple levels for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support activity to be based in Guatemala.
The overall purpose of this position is to enhance Guatemala's and USAID's M&E and learning systems, as well as their capacity for accountability and adaptation within projects and processes. The COP must demand-driven services including technical, analytical, consulting, training, monitoring, and design.
The Senior Evaluation Specialist should possess expertise designing and executing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical methods to support evaluation design and implementation, ideally in complex environments. They will lead the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, as well as all assessment activities, along with the required analysis therefrom. The Senior Evaluation Specialist will finalize evaluation reports and facilitate presentations and briefings to disseminate learning among project stakeholders. They may be responsible for leading and/or directing evaluation teams and conducting on-site research.
The MEL Platform will provide USAID/Guatemala with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Guatemala, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Guatemala.
The position will be full-time and be based in Guatemala with travel throughout the country. We highly encourage Guatemalan nationals to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead/manage evaluation, analysis, and assessment activities, including coordination and oversight of local partners engaged in these activities
- Design quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analytical methods and tools to support evaluation design and implementation
- Liaise with the Chief of Party to inform the design of each study/evaluative activity and support quality assurance activities throughout each study, including the review of milestone deliverables and final reports prior to submission to USAID
- Support the selection and engagement of local partners and experts for activities, and support team development, training, and execution of activities
- Manage evaluation and task team leaders and provide quality control in the implementation of evaluations
- Establish methodological processes and standards that are compliant with USAID Evaluation Policy for MEL staff to adhere to on project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work, with an understanding of the USAID Program Cycle
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience; Master’s degree and 6 years’ experience; or PhD and 4 years’ experience in a social science, organizational development, development studies or a related field highly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated experience leading complex portfolios of evaluative and learning activities for improved development outcomes
- Experience designing and implementing various types of mixed-methods evaluations (impact, performance, meta, etc.), analyses, and assessments required
- Previous work experience in Guatemala required
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Proficiency in Spanish language required
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA practices
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Experience applying systems thinking in evaluation design, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and facilitating participatory data validation and analysis exercises
- Experience in designing and training on theory of change / logical frameworks
- Experience building evaluative and learning capacities of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred
- Significant data analysis skills including command of statistics, sampling methodologies, statistical analysis software, and data validation techniques preferred
- Understanding of knowledge management as it relates to USAID programs an asset
- Familiarity with USAID/Guatemala Mission is preferred
- Guatemala citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application
NOTE: This is a proposal position and is contingent upon award.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal