Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, USDA Food for Progress, Bangladesh
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a long-term Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 3-year Food for Progress program funded by USDA in Bangladesh. The Activity will focus on support and facilitation of the adopting climate smart techniques and technologies in the Bangladesh livestock sector. The Activity will assist farmers to increase production and improve incomes while conserving the land resources required for livestock production and reducing emissions through a) incorporation of climate smart technologies in the livestock sector, b) improved animal health management practices, c) strengthening of extension and service providers and d) coordinate with the Government of Bangladesh (GOB) and other donors to increase technical expertise in climate smart livestock value chains within the GOB. The position will be based in Dhaka and is envisioned to start in 2023.
ACDI/VOCA seeks a dynamic and progressive professional who brings technical expertise in livestock, climate smart agriculture. Experience with commodity programs is preferred but not required. The COP position will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation, and overall quality assurance of the program. The COP will manage a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USDA and ACDI/VOCA regulations.
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USDA guidelines to achieve the program objectives
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and program management
- Serve as the program’s key liaison with headquarters, USDA, program partners, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, and other key stakeholders to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Ensure day-to-day technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with the scope of work and annual work plans
- Oversee management and quality of deliverables for all partners, consultants, and program staff
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Oversee preparation and supervision of project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Facilitate the development of sustainable public-private partnerships and private sector investment in target value chains
- Review all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis
- Give verbal or written presentations as requested by the client and/or ACDI/VOCA to varied audiences regarding the program’s progress
- Advanced degree in livestock, agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness, environmental policy, or related field from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience with projects focusing on the livestock, environmental mitigation measure, economic growth, value chains, and/or expand agro-processing.
- Experience working on similar donor-funded programs in South Asia desired.
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party, Project Director, Country Director, or similar senior management position for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Successful track record of leading US Government-funded projects required; USDA programing preferred.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Excellent communication skills for a wide audience of stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of Bangla is a plus.
Bangladeshi nationals encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.