Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Director of Finance and Administration, USDA Food for Progress, Bangladesh
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for long-term Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for the anticipated 3-year Food for Progress program funded by USDA in Bangladesh. The Activity will focus on support and facilitation of the adopting climate smart techniques and technologies in the Bangladesh livestock sector. The Activity will assist farmers to increase production and improve incomes while conserving the land resources required for livestock production and reducing emissions through a) incorporation of climate smart technologies in the livestock sector, b) improved animal health management practices, c) strengthening of extension and service providers, and d) coordinate with the Government of Bangladesh (GOB) and other donors to increase technical expertise in climate smart livestock value chains within the GOB. The position will be based in Dhaka and is envisioned to start in 2023.
ACDI/VOCA seeks a dynamic and progressive professional who brings technical expertise in livestock, agriculture and/or commodity programs. The DFA will provide leadership and direction to the finance and operations team with close oversight of the project’s finances, including financial analysis and accounting management.
- Develop, oversee, and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls, adapting them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices
- Establish and maintain efficient financial and operational systems and processes including internal audits, compliance, and risk management
- Lead the annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes
- Prepare and execute action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations and to mitigate operational and compliance risks
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost
- Ensure that Program funds are utilized compliantly and appropriately by the close of the fiscal year
- Comply with all USDA rules and regulations and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures relating to finance and administration, including but not limited to preparing budgets, financial reports, etc.
- Oversee annual financial audits of program and ensure that sub grantees comply with all audit and financial review requirements
- Manage cash disbursement and petty cash account
- Track USDA approvals for travel, hiring, and equipment procurements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related field is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive work experience in financial control and audit related field including minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management position, providing administrative oversight and management systems development.
- Knowledge of and experience with USDA and/or other international donor programs’ rules and regulations related to procurement and finance is required.
- Experience working with financial institutions or private sector investors in Bangladesh a plus.
- Fluency in English and Bangla languages required.
Bangladeshi nationals encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.