Deadline: Apr 28, 2023 Deadline for applications has passed
Organization: Renardet SA Group Switzerland
Job type: Contract, 12 months +
Work experience: Min 5 years
Date posted: Mar 25, 2023
Transport Financial Advisor: (Please note: This position is for tendering purpose only)
Scope of Work;
With a focus on the financial aspects of large-scale transport PPPs, the scope of work includes the:
- Preparation of financial analysis for urban transport project preparatory studies. This may include the preparation and application of preliminary financial models, estimation of any government financial support likely to be required and design of the best means of providing any such support.
- Conduct from a financial perspective of quality checks on project concepts, prefeasibility and feasibility studies and other project documents against the requirements of the PPP Act and Regulation and good international practices for PPPs. This may include the review of financial models, estimates of required government financial support and advice on the best means of providing government financial support.
- Review from a financial perspective of opportunities for PPPs and the PPP project pipeline.
- Provision of advice on financing innovations for Tanzania’s PPPs, including the design and operation of the PPP Facilitation Fund.
- Provision of practical advice from a financial perspective on the interpretation and application of the PPP Act and Regulation, other relevant legislation, PPP guidelines and standardized procurement documents and the strengthening of these as needed.
- Training and mentoring of the Agency Project Management Team in the financial aspects of PPPs. This may include developing their readiness to conduct quality checks of financial advice from transaction advisors and to act on advice efficiently and effectively.
- Leading or contributing to the preparation of knowledge products on the financial aspects of Transport PPPs.
- Consultation and awareness raising with internal and external stakeholders on the financial aspects of Transport PPPs.
Skill, Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in the financial analysis and modelling of infrastructure projects, some with private participation.
- Extensive experience in the assessment of the cost of capital and the requirements of investors and lenders.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English with a capacity to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences, including conducting public presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively & a strong team player with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a developing country context.
- Track record of completing high quality reports and project studies on time.
- Experience in Tanzania and other East African countries preferred.
Contract, 12 months +
Min 3 years
Contract, 12 months +
Min 8 years