Job Title: Deputy Executive Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Hedayah is the premier international organization dedicated to using its expertise and experiences to counter violent extremism (CVE] in all of its forms and manifestations. Established in 2012, Hedayah was created in response to the growing desire from members of the Global Counter-Terrorism Forum (GCTF) and the wider international community for the establishment of an independent, neutral and multilateral center devoted to dialogue, communications, capacity building programs, research and analysis. As a leader within the CVE community, we work to enhance understanding and share good practices to effectively build the capacity of CVE actors across the globe to promote tolerance, stability, and security.
Key Leadership and Management
- Execute the roles and responsibilities in close collaboration with the Executive Director
- Serve as the day-to-day lead of the organization.
- Provide guidance, oversight and feedback to all the department directors.
- Ensure that internal policies, procedures and processes are followed.
- Lead and motivate a dynamic and divers team of professionals.
- Direct and maintain Hedayah's culture, values and standards.
- Participate in and actively contribute to the International Steering
- Board meetings and its follow up.
- Act as a consultation point for the organization when necessary.
Strategy and policy
- Advise and support the Executive Director on the institutional vision and executive strategies to maximize Hedayah's institutional potential.
- Lead on the annual review and formulation of Hedayah's Strategic Plan; including programmatic, organizational and financial components.
- Liaise with the International Advisory Board on CVE priarities and content when needed.
- Oversee the implementation (and review) of the organizational and policy plans.
- Ensure that Hedayah has relevant policies and procedures (organizational and financial) in place, in compliance with legal, regulatory and policy standards and review them when needed
- Advice / lead on internal organizational development projects to further advance Hedayah's scale of work.
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards and in accordance with Hedayah's policies.
- Ensure fairness and transparency in the corporate governance to protect the reputation of the organization.
Stakeholder engagement and representation
- Represent Hedayah at public fora and in the international community.
- Travel extensively to establish, build and deepen working relationships and partnerships with organizations in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- Work closely with external local and international stakeholders.
Qualification and Experience
- Master's Degree in International Relations, Management or related field
- Experience e Minimum 12 years’ experience in international affairs and/or management in a politically sensitive environment,
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership/senior management role with both an external and external component
- Substantial CVE [relevant] expertise and experience
- Experience of dealing with government entities and international organizations
- Experience in development and execution of strategic plans
- Experience in working in an international, multi-cultural working environment
- Experience in working with civil society organizations, networks, private sector etc.
- Experience of stakeholders communication and engagement at executive level
Key Skills and core competencies
- Managing others
- Strategic thinking
- Result orientation
- Building relationships
- Cultural intelligence
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent command of written and oral English
- The post holder will be required to travel internationally
- Selected candidates will undergo a security clearance process
Send a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than April 30th, 2023 adding in the subject line “Deputy Executive Director”